Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Urban Nomad
626 Posts
^more like a wagon-mini van hybrid :lol:
Anyway, I think he's talking about the likes of the fx, the sportiest corolla you can get (new) is the XRS, so don't bother with hatchbacks, unless you wanna restore an ae86.

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The XRS Corolla is sweet... I love the sound of the engine reving up to the redline!!! I never get enough of it!!! HAHAHAHAH.. In anycase, nor could the dealership guy.. That is, 'til I told him.. "I'll be back.." HAHAHAHHAHAHAH I used him:)

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
I've got a hatchback corolla :D Here is Australia we got all of the hatches from the start practically... it wouldnt be too hard to import one would it?

·
5SFE
'94 Toyota Camry
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, besides shipping cost, the Corolla would have to be emissions legal or that would be a bigger cost there. On top, it must be legit with DOT standard.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Not too sure about the DOT standard u talk about, but they all pass Japanese emissions, so they should pass US emissions shouldn't they?

*edit* I have always talked about importing mine if i ever move to the US so i have something unique relitively :D

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
I see a Hatchback Euro/Japan spec hatchback Corolla in the Toronto area once a while, looks like the WRC Corolla that Carlos Saenz used to drive. I think its been brought into Canada by somebody that didn't want to get rid of it. :thumbup: :D good lady! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
thespud said:
Not too sure about the DOT standard u talk about, but they all pass Japanese emissions, so they should pass US emissions shouldn't they?

I THINK that the JDM cars will pass a tailpipe test, but they don't have an EGR system so are not legal in the US, at least that is what I have read about on some sites talking about engine swaps.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
My old engine (Aussie built) definately did... and i'm pretty sure the 20v in there now does too... but i could be wrong.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
aktunka, well.. Japan has the most strictest air pollution regulations on the globe, so I think if a car passes there it would pass in the US.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
I've always been a fan of the T-Sport. 3 doors with a 192 HP version of the 2zz-ge + 6-speed:

·
Proud Ae86 owner.
86 and RHD EF CIVIC
0 Posts
rear 1/4 looks like a ep3 civic hatch.

haha copycat!!!!

personally i hate the thing it is ugly as hell

1 - 15 of 15 Posts