Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, ive had my 99 camry LE for about a year now and its getting boring. i want to put a nice body kit on it and detail it but im going to wait for the fall/winter to be over before that. for now i am going to work on the insides and engine.. i just want to make the car faster now. i want a dual exhaust system "looks great on camrys." and i want whatever else i can put in there to make it a bit faster. im not gonna go crazy and get a new engine. just mod whatever.. the problem is i know nothing about this stuff and want to at least know the names of the products before going into a shop.. i like to know a bit about what im talkin about :)... so what are some names of things to get "and what they do...." and what is a good dual exhaust system for camrys.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
welcome to the boards mate, i am just gonna tell you that the blinking lot on the forum is the search button and it will do wonders for you... you can find
-body kit info
-intake info
-exhaust info
-sc or turbo info
-sound systems...
-allllllll kinds of stuff to make you "faster" or "prettier" or whatever, just search and read and come back with a more specific question and trust me, people will treat you better on TN
ENJOY!

as far as company names, i dunnno a lot of stuff is fabricated by us but try
injen, greddy, vis, trd, sportivo concepts, reactive, ebay hehe... you get the drift

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
We should count up how many posts are like this. Use the
button for some info on things you can do. A dual exhaust on a 4cyl will probably lose power. (you have a 4cyl right) ANd unless you're running a turbo or a supercharger with alot of boost, it'll do the same for the v6.

·
Sold out for a Max
1,266 Posts
trdcamry2003 said:
We should count up how many posts are like this. Use the
button for some info on things you can do. A dual exhaust on a 4cyl will probably lose power. (you have a 4cyl right) ANd unless you're running a turbo or a supercharger with alot of boost, it'll do the same for the v6.
With a dual exhaust I wouldn't say you would lose power but you WILL lose torque and gain in the top end. It felt really sluggish on takeoff when I had my exhaust.

·
metamorphosis
715 Posts
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56175&highlight=cman2000

it's the thread i started. i listed my mods for my 2000 camry (5sfe engine, 4cyl automatic).

one thing i forgot to add to that list, is an remote car starter with 2way remote transmitter, so my remote will beep 2x when the car starts. :D awesome

not much difference between a 99 and a '00 camry, except some things here and there. hope my mods give you some ideas :)

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,685 Posts
Gut out the interior, get rid of A/C, lighter rims....that should quicken the car about 1.3 sec faster... And Camry's with dual exhaust :thumbdown Ain't cut out for it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts