Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put blue neon lights in the front to make the floor boards glow. Where can I get these lights? and is there a site that shows how to install them? Thanks!

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
what i would look for is the 2 - 9" neon bars, its to bars connected together. thats probly the best way to do it. and the hard wire it to the cigar lighter, with a on/off switch

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Hard wiring you can do a few different ways. The cig lighter is the quick way.

However if you have some time on your hands, you could splice the wires to the dashboard lights and connect them to those. Then the lights would come on whenever you turn on your dash lights :)

·
Pimpin' In Paradise.
2000 Toyota Camry
342 Posts
I got ten inch tubes in my floor wells and got them wired to turn on and off when I open and close my doors. I love em'. They were real easy to do once I learned how to wire them correctly.

Now if only I could find a good/neat way to place tubes in the rear or under the seats. Hmm...

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
for the under seat ones, i used the screws that came with them, but one side fell off, so i think zip ties are the way to go with that one:thumbup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have 2 15" under each of my seats, one on the celing, one 6" in my homemade dash bord swich box, under bodies and 4 LEDs in the front of the car.
most of which are hard wired to my cigar lighter (u know that lil plug in the back) then to swiches from there
the under bodies are wired to a fuse in the engin compartment

i got all of them at autozone, exept for the under bodie kit i got it at advance auto-parts for

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have two tubes under my dash. I wired them for illuminated entry. I dont like them on while im driving - especially at night, too distracting. But I also hooked up a switch to give me the option to override the door triggers and have them come on whenever.

Click my WWW for a tutorial.

·
Registered
5 Posts
how hard is it for a beginner to figure out how to wire these lights for illuminated entry? and with a switch like bassthrive has? the tutorial posted was for a solara, could i try the same in a 2004 camry? :D

also, are there particular types of neon lights? certain ones that i would need to buy in order to wire the for illuminated entry? i keep reading something about cigarette lighters being the power supply? is that the way it is for all neon lights? or only for specific types?

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
^^I was wondering about the same illuminated entry. Can someone verify that it'll work on a '93 Cam?

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
^^yeah

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
12,670 Posts
i think all youd have to do is tap into the power for that light, and that should do it. the hard part would be wiring it thru that little sleeve...unless you tap into it at the fuse box....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have my neons wired to the back of my cigaret lighter i just cut off the lil plug that came with the neon and hard wired it into that lil plug were u can unhook that panel that the lighter is in and then i made a lil switch bord in the lil box under my sterio

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
BTW, For all you people who are thinking about neons after this thread.

I'm not sure on the laws of in your car. But if you put underglow neons, it is illegal in most places.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts