Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
Check your owners manual. You can actually see the part number on the headlights if you look into the headlight housing from the outside/front. I went with H4 in the front and 9005 for the foggys.

I think HB2 is the stock part number for the headlights. H4 is a tad bit brighter as far as I know. Don't quote me though! :thumbup:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would look in the manual but, I don't actually have the truck yet. I had to order it. I am ordering all my goodies before I get it so when it gets here I will be a busy boy in the garage. Thanks for the help with the head and fog lights, now what about the other bulbs that occupy the headlight housing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is from Sylvania:

Auto Lamp Replacement Guide - Results

Head straight to the Performance Shop and purchase the SilverStar or Xenarc products that fit your vehicle. Or print out the list and find them at your nearest retailer.

2005 TOYOTA Tacoma
High & low beam headlamp
9003ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen
9003XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 30% Brighter
9003CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal

Parking light
4157NALL
4157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Front turn signal
4157NALL
4157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Rear turn signal
3157A
3157AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style
3157NALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Tail light
3157LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Stop light
3157LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

High mount stop light

Fog/Driving light
9145ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen

License plate

Back up light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker

Map light

Dome light
DE3022

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
well it looks to me as if the 9003 is the for the Headlamps/Headlights and the 9145 is for the Fog/Driving lights. Is that what you're asking?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No what I meant was........You are not going to find an aftermarket replacement with the part numbers 9003 or 9145, unless you are getting sylvania. I am getting PIAA so what would 9003 and 9145 equate (=) to. I was under the assumption it is 9005 and H4 I believe I am correct.

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
PIAA application for the Tacoma would be H4 for the headlights and HB for the foglights. I have H4 Super Plasma GTX's for the headlights and I just got my HB Plasma Ion's in for my foglights when I finally get my housings. I cheaped out. No foglights yet. Damn christmas and giving. I'd buy them today if I didn't feel so guilty. :disappoin

Uh oh.... girlfriends coming...Alt+Tab!!!! Alt+Tab!!!!!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
headlights are H4, fogs are 9005, Turn signals are 3157, and parking lights are 194

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
the only ones you gotta install without touching the bulb is headlight and fog lights...you have to touch the bulb for the turnsignal and parking light..but the parking light and signal is just a regular filament bulb and not as sensetive as halogen

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the warnings, I was already aware of this. I have done the upgrade to all my vehicles. The first time I figured that out is when I was driving down the road one time about 30 minutes after a new set of bulbs and it sounded like a huge rock hit the front of my car. It was actually the bulb exploding. Not funny at over 100 a pair.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah thats cool. I am, well to say the least, a little to anal-retentive about my cars. I really like the look of Piaa's 7500K bulbs and I feel it is worth the extra price to obtain a bulb that looks so cool and also burns at the factory wattage. I do not want to melt any wiring harnesses. I did that in my F-150.

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
AlpineJLAudio said:
Oh shit.

I am running H4 for the heads and 9005 for the fogs. Will I run into problems???? :eek:

The factory heads are HB2 and the fogs are 9145.
05XRunner said:
headlights are H4, fogs are 9005, Turn signals are 3157, and parking lights are 194

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.