Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on buying a corolla s 2009, but i got some doubts

what coilovers you guys recommend for slamming it? to be low like jzen corolla do i need 17s or 18s?

what are the cons of camber in a FWD car? is it easy to camber the wheels on the corolla?

i want something like this

or

im thinking of going with mb battle, cheap an good looking wheels, what offset should i use? 18x9.5 with 30, 22 or 15?? and i know mb are 5x114.3 dont worry i got something for that and the offset will be normal, no spacers/adapters for them to fit

·
Go Bills!
09 Corolla
811 Posts
Grab BC coilovers with the extreme drop kit and possibly some swift springs

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Mr. Roo
Lexus IS300
11,385 Posts
Nice, you're already planning your mods before you buy the car lol.

Any reason you're wanting a Corolla, I mean, if you're just gonna slam it like that, then maybe get a better car? What are your doubts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice, you're already planning your mods before you buy the car lol.

Any reason you're wanting a Corolla, I mean, if you're just gonna slam it like that, then maybe get a better car? What are your doubts?
im a 17 year old boy, i got my first car, a lexus is300 2001 last year, the lexus is giving me lots of problems and mpg is not that great, i dont even work so its hard. I want a corolla because of reliability, low mpg, they keep their value here in Dominican Republic and i got inspire by this

i was actually gonna buy that car but someone just went i ahead and paid what they were asking. i think you have heard of the sxe10 crew? that corolla belong to aris acosta (mr hella) he bought after he sold the altezza

and i wanna know everything before i buy it because i want to know if i will be able to do what i got in mind

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Camber ruins tires and looks really stupid. Why would you want 1/3 of your tread touching the ground? WTF?

Nothing wrong with dropping one. If you don't mind the punishing ride.

·
Mr. Roo
Lexus IS300
11,385 Posts
im a 17 year old boy, i got my first car, a lexus is300 2001 last year, the lexus is giving me lots of problems and mpg is not that great, i dont even work so its hard. I want a corolla because of reliability, low mpg, they keep their value here in Dominican Republic and i got inspire by this

i was actually gonna buy that car but someone just went i ahead and payed what they were asking. i think you have heard of the sxe10 crew? that corolla belong to aris acosta (mr hella) he bought after he sold the altezza

and i wanna know everything before i buy it because i want to know if i will be able to do what i got in mind
Ah yeah, I agree! The IS300 isn't for noobs lol, but the Corolla will suit you much better! And of course, you can definitely drop it. But isn't this all going to cost a lot of money? The cars you're interested in are more expensive than an IS300, and dropping it properly ain't cheap, either! Personally, I would recommend saving your ambitions for when you're a little older and can really afford it.

And yeah I know the sxe10 crew, they've got a lot of nice IS300s there!! :rockon:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Camber ruins tires and looks really stupid. Why would you want 1/3 of your tread touching the ground? WTF?

Nothing wrong with dropping one. If you don't mind the punishing ride.
It looks good, i will prefer not to camber the wheels but what offset should i use with the mb battle to look flush like jzen or a little bit more? 30 or 22?

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
It looks good, i will prefer not to camber the wheels but what offset should i use with the mb battle to look flush like jzen or a little bit more? 30 or 22?
Buying the proper offset wheel in order to have a flush appearance looks really good. I highly recommend it.

Running huge camber numbers to make non fitting wheels "fit" looks like hell. I doubt anybody over the age of 20 (mentally) would even consider it. It ruins handling, ruins tires, and looks like shit. Sorry. When the rest of the world sees it, they say look at that kid's butchered ride.

:lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ah yeah, I agree! The IS300 isn't for noobs lol, but the Corolla will suit you much better! And of course, you can definitely drop it. But isn't this all going to cost a lot of money? The cars you're interested in are more expensive than an IS300, and dropping it properly ain't cheap, either! Personally, I would recommend saving your ambitions for when you're a little older and can really afford it.

And yeah I know the sxe10 crew, they've got a lot of nice IS300s there!! :rockon:
Well the car is more expensive but my mom is getting it for me, she is also tired of the car, i think she will buy it in the us and bring it here. And for slamming the rolla i could easily get the money just as i did for the is300, what happened with the is300 is that i always had to fix something of the is300 so i couldn't spend the money on rims, coilovers, etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm what was so bad with the IS300? What was always breaking? Was it all stock?
I dont blame the car, i still love is300s, i know they are good, i blame the last owner, most of the stuff i had to fix were stuff he had to fix but he didnt and other stuff were because of the age of the car, usual stuff you need to replace in an 12 year old car

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,431 Posts
So back to the topic, bc coilovers, 17" rims with 30 offset to look flush?
Offset needed will depend on the width of the wheel. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts