Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
corolly
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i really want to order my wheels today... but one more time before i get them i wanna make sure they will work/fit
i will be getting the apex lowering springs, and kyb gr2's to go with these

rims are ENKEI edr9 16x7. they offer both a +38 offset and a +45 offset, the guy at discount tire said i would be better off with the +45 offset.

tires are yokohama s drives size is 195/45r16.
the tire width equals about 7.48 inches and the rims are about 7 so those tires should fit real snug on the rim wall:naughty:

and also when i replace my oem struts with the kyb gr2's can i use the original strut mount or would i need to get new ones?

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
NO!

you need the +38 offset. that guy didn't know what he was talking about :)

it's always good to get new strut mounts and bump stops...

·
Registered
corolly
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO!

you need the +38 offset. that guy didn't know what he was talking about :)

it's always good to get new strut mounts and bump stops...

oh ok so 38 it is. will the 45 rub on the fender?

i will look into getting those new..

hey eage by the way do you think those springs will arrive by 9/29? thats when i have a day off, and wanted to do all this fun stuff

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
thats funny since yesterday they said oh you need 45, 38 wont work. should i go for a lower offset or is 38 gonna be fine
Or you could make him sign a guarantee that if the 45s won't fit (which I believe the guys here) and it proabably wont, then he'll order the offset that does fit without any penalty to you.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i would not do a +45. do the +38. if the tires do contact, you can atlest get a 5mm spacer to help.

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
hey eage by the way do you think those springs will arrive by 9/29? thats when i have a day off, and wanted to do all this fun stuff
in 3 weeks? lol, yeah :)

I'll send them out on Monday, I have to spend all my free time finishing my RX-7 rear subframe rebuild and then getting it out of the garage so I can bring the impreza in to replace the struts before a 2 day rallycross this weekend... busy busy...

·
Registered
corolly
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
in 3 weeks? lol, yeah :)

I'll send them out on Monday, I have to spend all my free time finishing my RX-7 rear subframe rebuild and then getting it out of the garage so I can bring the impreza in to replace the struts before a 2 day rallycross this weekend... busy busy...
haha sweet! i already ordered the gr2s. im pretty excited. I hear ya on being busy. good luck gettin everything together and at the rallycross!

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
that's probably why they told you to go with the 45s, cause they had to order the 38s and they probably have 45s coming out of their ass. :lol:

·
Registered
corolly
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's probably why they told you to go with the 45s, cause they had to order the 38s and they probably have 45s coming out of their ass. :lol:
ha ya your probably right

im stoked to get my wheels im gonna throw em on next wednesday:thumbsup:
then the last wednesday off the month i got off work and im gonna throw on the struts and springs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts