Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
TN god
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what options or standard equipment would you add to your taco if toyota offered them?

i wish i could get one touch up and down for all 4 windows as standard.

i wish power seats were a option

i wish i could get a power rear roll down window like the tundra

i wish the 4.7L V8 was a option.

i wish a sunroof/moonroof was a option

anyone else?

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,560 Posts
a v6 in the regular cab would be nice

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'd like to see heated mirrors and power/heated seats. I'd also like to see them include dual exhaust from the factory. I also wish they'd dampen the cab better against road noise.

If they wanted to get really serious, Toyota could offer a "Backcountry Option" package, that includes a 2" lift, 32" tires, heavy-duty front bumper and bull bar with auxilliary fog lights, 10,000-pound winch, and dual batteries. This package should also include a spare that has the same alloy wheel and tire as what is on the truck, and then a "normal" spare tire of the same size...so that you could have two spares for your backcountry excursions.

I wish they would offer a performance brake package, too, that incorportes 4-wheel disc brakes that would stop on a dime. :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
I wish Toyota would offer an appearance package like the x runner for the standard cab like the colorado xtreme reg cab. Sometimes people like the look and don't need the performance of the x runner.
Not bashing the X, thats a bada$$ truck, but too expensive for what I needed.

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
Count said:
I'd like to see heated mirrors and power/heated seats. I'd also like to see them include dual exhaust from the factory. I also wish they'd dampen the cab better against road noise.

If they wanted to get really serious, Toyota could offer a "Backcountry Option" package, that includes a 2" lift, 32" tires, heavy-duty front bumper and bull bar with auxilliary fog lights, 10,000-pound winch, and dual batteries. This package should also include a spare that has the same alloy wheel and tire as what is on the truck, and then a "normal" spare tire of the same size...so that you could have two spares for your backcountry excursions.

I wish they would offer a performance brake package, too, that incorportes 4-wheel disc brakes that would stop on a dime. :)
ditto. i could do without the dual exhaust, and the brakes work well enough for me for what i expect of a truck. but yes, the backcountry thingy would be AWESOME.

-Mike

·
1st time Toyota Owner
141 Posts
Some repeats, some new...

4 wheel disc brakes
Always on cruse control
A light which showed the Cruise was ENGAGED (not just on)
Cargo Light
One-touch up/down power windows
Ability to turn OFF the instrument lighting
Power rear window
Homelink on the ceiling center console as opposed to the rearview mirror
Inside cab 110v AC outlet
Real tie-downs (not them cheesy-ass cleats)

I'm sure I will think of a few more...

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Heated seats and heated outside mirrors.
Power sliding rear window
Manual transfer case
Cab clearance lights

·
Registered
06 Taco, DC 4x4
24 Posts
Joeltruck said:
Outside Temperature Guage on something other than the most expensive models.
This is a pet peve of mine! My wife's base model Corolla has one, but you have to spend 40K to get one on a Taco, what's up with that. also Leather option, Nav unit/better factory stereo & a better brand of OEM tires would be nice I guess .....

G

·
If I could have Toyota offer one option, for me anyway, it would be a front bench seat and column shift. I absolutely detest buckets with a center/shift console in a truck. Had I been able to find another truck that provided the same good MPG and power of the 4.0L, WITH a bench/column shift, I would have bought it. Sadly buckets seem to be the "in" thing right now. A bench seat set up should be an option for those who want it.

Heated mirrors would be a HUGE improvement. Man do I miss them on this truck. All my others have had them and it really helps here during winter in NE.( does the 4Runner have them and if so would they fit the Tacoma? )

6' should be short bed and 7 or 8' should be long. 5 foot is a joke.

I too would like to see the compass/nav unit available on more models. Also, add the MPG and other features all other mfg's offer on them. Again, it is something my other trucks have ahd and I really miss them.

Toyota seems behind the 8 ball on some simple creature features that would cost them next to nothing but would make for a much happier customer.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
7 or 8 foot bed would look insanly retarded..The trucks body isnt big enough to make it look right. Look at a reg cab tundra with the long bed..That thing looks sooo stupid.

I wish they made a Reg cab Xrunner. Same everything just reg cab..3200lbs and its power and suspension woulda made a low 14sec truck.
Moonroof/sunroof woulda been nice

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
LS7
power seats
temp guage

overall, i'm happy with mine tho.

·
Registered
Base model 05' Taco
308 Posts
Yeah - I hope it stays that way, All those luxury things become a real pain in the ass when they break one by one 5 to 10 years down the road. I love my crank windows, standard trans, plain seats...power nothing - its just so hard to break!

·
The Thread Killer
Taco DC 4X4 SR5
785 Posts
NH05TACOMA said:
If I could have Toyota offer one option, for me anyway, it would be a front bench seat and column shift. I absolutely detest buckets with a center/shift console in a truck. Had I been able to find another truck that provided the same good MPG and power of the 4.0L, WITH a bench/column shift, I would have bought it. Sadly buckets seem to be the "in" thing right now. A bench seat set up should be an option for those who want it.

Heated mirrors would be a HUGE improvement. Man do I miss them on this truck. All my others have had them and it really helps here during winter in NE.( does the 4Runner have them and if so would they fit the Tacoma? )

6' should be short bed and 7 or 8' should be long. 5 foot is a joke.

I too would like to see the compass/nav unit available on more models. Also, add the MPG and other features all other mfg's offer on them. Again, it is something my other trucks have ahd and I really miss them.

Toyota seems behind the 8 ball on some simple creature features that would cost them next to nothing but would make for a much happier customer.

Should have bought a Tundra :confused:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.