Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Appears the V6 will still be using 0-20 in their motors. I noticed the big sticker under the hood of TriStar's new Camry and confirmed in owners manual.

I wonder how many mistakes will be made at dealership servicing:)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Appears the V6 will still be using 0-20 in their motors. I noticed the big sticker under the hood of TriStar's new Camry and confirmed in owners manual. I wonder how many mistakes will be made at dealership servicing:)
Mistakes? Not to worry - these motors can take 5W-30 and 10W-30 oils and even thicker without consequences (except a loss of 0.5 to 1.0 miles per gallon) as confirmed by Russian and Australian owners manuals. Ultra thin oils are used as the factory fill in USA Toyotas solely because their EPA fuel economy certification numbers were attained using those oils and the EPA requires Toyota to use them as the factory fill and to recommend owners use them.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Appears the V6 will still be using 0-20 in their motors. I noticed the big sticker under the hood of TriStar's new Camry and confirmed in owners manual. I wonder how many mistakes will be made at dealership servicing
Mistakes? Not to worry - these motors can take 5W-30 and 10W-30 oils and even thicker without consequences (except a loss of 0.5 to 1.0 miles per gallon) as confirmed by Russian and Australian owners manuals. Ultra thin oils are used as the factory fill in USA Toyotas solely because their EPA fuel economy certification numbers were attained using those oils and the EPA requires Toyota to use them as the factory fill and to recommend owners use them.
I was more concerned with using 0-16 in the V6, then again it "shouldn't" hurt it for one OCI?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
CamRod1
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing