Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference? IS the V6 tranny any stronger/better ? i know the v6 and 5sfe 5speeds are a little different but what about the autos? Would it bolt up ?

I ask this because i have a 3S-GTE powered automatic Celica with a transmission that has 270k on it. It will eventually fail on me, and after that i was considering a different transmission. i really don't want to swap it to a 5speed because i don't have PS, AC, or a radio so i like having an automatic to drive around.

thanks for any help you can provide.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
it depends....is the tranny holding up fine for now? are you on stock boost?

because if you plan to up the boost to make some serious power, you may as well save yourself the trouble and swap to a 5speed now because it's going to be a load of work just to change from auto to auto

for real tho.....never heard of anybody swapping from an auto to an auto....:lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the transmission seems to hold up fine but i know eventually it will crap out and was just thinking about my options.

Why would it be hard to swap an auto to auto ?

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
don't quote me on this, but I would think that the mounting points would be different....and does the tranny even mate up correctly with the engine?

most people who have done the tranny swaps have done the v6 auto to a v6 5psd, or an i4 auto to an i4 5spd, or a complete engine swap from an i4 auto to a v6 5spd.....

you should start pming people for info....

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
camnub... again with the dumbass posts...

he has engine management thats the only way he can run an auto on a 3sgte...

the v6 will bolt up in the same points to the chassis... but you might have some issues with the mounts on a celica chassis... not sure...

it should work fine for ya

except you will have to use the 3sgte axles... so you will have to convert those, the hubs, etc...

·
Registered
84 Posts
zoni said:
camnub... again with the dumbass posts...

:lol: :lol:

The tranny should bolt up just fine, except for maybe 1 or 2 bolts. Tony's built tranny let go at around 300 ft/lbs? I don't recall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts