Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i remember working on a toyota van that had an ice maker/fridge in it stock. but i've been looking all around and i can't find a van that has it. am i the only one who has heard of this? i'm looking cause i want to install it in my camry. and use it to cool the seats for those hot days ;)
also does anyone have info on how this thing worked?

·
Registered
Dodge Caravan SE
310 Posts
Just rip out your backseat, put in a small freezer and get a power convertor :D Make sure to bolt the freezer down ;) Would hate to get run over by a freezer full of beer while you are driving :D

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
it was in the van that was in back to the future. i saw it and it worked nicely. it was stock cause it was molded in with the ceter counsal and dash.

derik i have a microwave in the car already and the inverter i have now can hardly keep up. i need to find a bigger inverter. mine is 400watts but i thing the fridge takes more:disappoin
thats why i'm looking for the stock toyota fridge

edit:sorry finger slipped;) :lol:

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Prius
371 Posts
if I don't remember wrong, I think previa have it too...but it's only eqipped in the fully load model (which is with twins roof, captin seat and super charged engine and very rare factory fog light)......

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Try ripping one of of a BMW 745, they have it in the rear seat, along with a couple of other cars.....

As for Toyota having one.. are you sure you was stationed overseas at Osaka at the time, the Japanese Toyotas there get so much more love from than its bastard American brothers....:lol:

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Well the only thing I can think of is either the Hilux Van... which everybody called the Toyota Van, kinda looks like a VW minibus or like someone said one of the top of the line Previa with S/C and all the bells and whistles

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Okay here is the skinny,

It is called a "Cooler Box" and was indeed in the Hilux Vans which is what everybody called the Toyota minivan or van, it was only a facttory option and it was not just an add-on theta you can just go and get.

It ran straight off the a/c infact the whole heating and cooling unit was designed to around it.

It has it own seperate condensor and its own lines that ran from the a/c to the frig.

So if you want to run one of these in your Cam your gonna have to redo the whole a/c system as well as get seperate condensors, lines and some other stuff.

I can give you a list of everything if you want tomorrow, I'm about to close up for the night.

But if you want it to cool the seats your best bet is to look at the Lexus, mainly the LS and GS models and rip it from there, they currently have as an option where you can have the a/c coming out of through the leather seats. Or if you want the fridge portion I would look at the BMW 745 they have the fridge w/light in the back seat where the center arm rest is.

Hope this helps

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
We had one of those in our 90 cressida! it was a cooler box. ie. if you keep ice, it will keep it chilled..or soda cans..would chill themselves. I'm not sure of an ICE MAKER, cus then your wanting filtration, and water being stored??? Man, those options i'm guessing weren't available to n. america tho'

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ea8631 : thanks alot those pcs are nice. i always liked those vans but they were under powered for me.

sportivo: i would really like to get that list for the ice box thing.and i wouldn't want to get it from a bmw cause my rear seat folds down and i have a wagon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.