Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is my first post here so hopefully all goes well.

A few years ago I drove my beloved '92 AWD 5-speed previa out to new york from seattle, where we had it since it's purchase in 92, it currently has 176,000 some odd miles on it, so it's got a ton of life left. We never got A/C in the car because it was in Seattle. I love this car but this car in the new england summers without A/C is a deathtrap. My wife hates the car because of the greenhouse like quality it has and our dog just throws up after 10 minutes driving around in this thing in the summer so I have to rent a car with AC whenever i need to bring them anywhere. I got a dark UV tint on it, and we sometimes run a small fan off of a cigarette lighter inverter, but it's no where near enough.

Does anyone know anything about an aftermarket or after the fact AC installation in these cars? If i can't figure out something along those lines I am going to have to sell it or move it back to seattle to sit around in the woods, which would break my heart! :headbang: I know the actual installations had a second unit on the roof midway back, I obviously couldn't get that part but just cold air out of the front elements would be amazing.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
1991 Previa 5 speed,
613 Posts
I would be happy to trade you a 92 automatic alltrac with awesome AC.. NO RUST..
But to answer your question, It would be a pretty big task to install AC into a van that didnt have it to begin with.. You would almost need to find a donor van and transfer all of it..
I seriously would love to have your van though..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey CMH, that's what i was afraid of! there are some old previas i see popping up for around 1k, perhaps cannabilizing the ac from one of those would be somewhat doable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts