Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a stainless steel Arctic Cat vanity plate to go on my truck but need to find a way to secure it so it doesn't get stolen. It was a $60 plate but looks awesome lol

Behind the front bumper I can feel the knobs that the plate screws go into but not sure what I can put through them. I was thinking a stainless steel rivet or a black rivet etc.

For those who are curious, here's the plate. Looks better in person

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
764 Posts
Why bother? Newfies don't steal... :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why bother? Newfies don't steal... :D
LOL

If I was living out in Dildo and not St. John's, then I'd wouldn't worry about it :lol:

2 weeks ago someone stole a 1/4 bottle of Tire Shine out of the back of my truck. Who goes off with a 1/4 bottle of Tire Shine?? :ugh3:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yup there's a town called Dildo on the east coast.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a stainless steel Arctic Cat vanity plate to go on my truck but need to find a way to secure it so it doesn't get stolen. It was a $60 plate but looks awesome lol

Behind the front bumper I can feel the knobs that the plate screws go into but not sure what I can put through them. I was thinking a stainless steel rivet or a black rivet etc.

For those who are curious, here's the plate. Looks better in person

Any ideas?

Thanks

Priddle, you will have no problem with that Cat plate. Who would want it?
now if it was a Ski-Doo plate thats a different story!! LOL

on the other hand get some
security screws you may get them at P auto or kent.

·
clean water
07 silver dc lb 4wd
402 Posts
If you live in Dildo, get self tapping screws.... get it? Ha!
And if the holes are a bit small have 'em reamed out in Dildo.

·
Registered
764 Posts
There's also a town called Come By Chance. She usually visits that place after Dildo...

·
Keep On Truckin'
'01 Tacoma PreRunner
45 Posts
You can use some security screws like the ones sold here:
Awesome !!
I was not even worried about stolen plates, but for $10, I'm going to get a few of these kits.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
You can use some security screws like the ones sold here:

http://www.trucksecurity.com/TScom, product Plate Keeper.htm

Unfortunately, Ace Hardware has a plan to thwart that great idea. Anyone can go into their stores and buy

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1291518&CAWELAID=109374541

or Amazon if the Ace hardware is too far away from D....

http://www.amazon.com/Security-Tamper-Proof-Locksmith-Torx/dp/B000ZKDRU0

Whether the Ace bit fits exactly or not I don't know, but the determined thief will find a way, with corporate America helping make his life easier.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doyle...aka 000 (being the top speed of a Ski-Doo lol) I did in fact find a kit at Princess Auto for $2. It comes with 2 security bolts with the security bit allen key, and lock nuts. Even if one has the security bit, the nut will make it impossible to get it off without a wrench or socket :thumbsup:

No worries on hijacking the thread on the count of Dildo...its good for a laugh lol

Another name of a cottage area here in Newfoundland is Spread Eagle. No joke.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts