Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad wrote me today "the bulb is out indicator came on along with the battery lite, so I found a little side lite bulb burned out and replaced it.
Now the inditators come on for a while and go off.
Didn't you tell me you knew how to re-program your car computer? Tell me again, I need to tell it I fixed the damn thing already, so quit bugging me." Is there any way we can reset without him going to the dealer about 100 miles away from him?

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
Erm, can you re-write this and be a little more clear? I don't fully understand what you're trying to say.

:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "bulb is out" indicator light came on, so did the "battery lite", he found a little side lite bulb burned out and replaced it.
Now the inditator lights come on for a while and go off.
Is there a way to reset the computer so that the indicator lights for "bulb is out" and "battery" to recognize the bulb has been replace and the battery cleaned. The ultimate goal here is to not have the indicator lights come on at all until repairs need to be made again.
Dad lives about 100 miles from the nearest dealer. I had owned a Dodge minivan a few years ago, and I could reset the computer by initiating a few simple sequences with the key, and turn signal. I was just wondering if Toyota Camrys had something similar.
Thanks for your response. Q

·
Registered
508 Posts
The bulb out indicator should go out once the defective bulb is replaced.

You may have an intermittent charging problem.

Do you have a volt meter ?? 13.5 - 13.9 when charging properly.

CW

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
If you just want to reset the ECU you just pull the EFI fuse for 10 seconds, but is anyone else having a hard time comprehending this thread??? Maybe it's just the alchohol b/c normally I'm fairly astute at reading comprehension.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,787 Posts
Sounds like your alternator is going bad... have it checked. (multiple warning lights often come on at the same time when the alternator stops working)

-Charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts