Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Liftback/90 735i
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife owns a 92 Camry 4 cyl, 160k on the clock with a weird acting idle. I know my bimmer idles at 700 but I'm not sure where the idle is suppose to be on this. It's just above the line after 1,000. It kinda drops a little and bounces back up and the car sounds like it will stall if it drops any lower. I recently replaced cap, rotor, plugs, pcv, fuel filter, ported vacuum switch, thermostat, oil pressure switch, temperature switch and coolant temp sensor . I had a CEL that was on due to my wife's dad not reconnecting Knock Sensor after tranny swap. I've been doing a lot of searching on here which is the reason why I replaced most of the parts which have fixed other problems. CEL is now gone but I can't figure out idle problem. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I would suggest that you go ahead and clean your EGR, EGR modulator, IAC valve and throttle body next. Also make sure the vacuum lines between the EGR and the modulator are clear.

Does this continue to happen after the car warms up? How about after a warm engine restart? My thought being the cold start routine.

Kep

·
Registered
82 Liftback/90 735i
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It only does it when the car is warm. When the car is cold it idles normal and doesn't stutter at all. This started happening when my father-in-law replaced the tranny and cv shafts. I will follow your suggestions on the EGR stuff this weekend, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts