Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 2wd pickup with the 22re engine. Whenever i step on my brakes the engine like drops every 15 or so seconds. the idle drops to like nothin then comes back up to normal. as soon as my foot's off the brake it runs fine and it doesn't do it with the parking brake.

any thoughts???

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have no specific experience with a 22re (I still live in the Jurassic 22r period). I would suspect a leak in the vacuum line to the power brake booster, or the booster diaphram itself.

For a temporary test, block off the vacuum supply to the booster as close to the engine vacuum source as possible. Go for a drive in a remote area, and see if there is a difference. >>Warning<< Braking power will be greatly diminished, but may serve to pin-point a problem in this area.

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
Yeah, it could be a loose vacuum hose or something of that nature or it could be dirty injectors or fuel filter. When was the last time you did a tune-up?

·
Registered
588 Posts
i have the same problme at idle speeds only with my 87 22R-E, it has new fuel pump and filter and pvc and plugs and wires and cap and rotor and some other things, and i found one bad small vacuum hose and i evnew tried runnning without EGR valve.,

i checked vacuum reading at idle and founf 20 inches of vacuum with distributor turned all way advanced it needed more but cant turn anymore

whats this mean ?

and the guage needle steadily misses in a coupel inches range withing the 18-22 range, miss miss miss miss

runs fine above idle very strong the trucvk will haul ass and never use or leak anything or smoke or anything like that, 126K miles all original with auto trans

body is shot, no rockers or anything left intact, bed is severely rotted,

drives like new, can run her very fast on freeway it steers and holds its own with one finger on wheel

wish it would idle

the injectors are about thge only thing untouched AFAIK

fuel injector cleaner ?

but wouldnt it be bad higher RPM too ?
good luck man, i think we are screwed,

just gonna run this oen til it blows up i guess,.

its already been ressurected once, it was buried for 6 yhears int eh ground due to dea dfuel pump,. the brakes were frozen all around they had to buy all new rotors and everything so it could roll again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts