Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2015 Scion tC with an idle shake at stop, a little worse when the ac is on. I’ve cleaned the MAF, put new denso plugs and the idle shake is still there. Is this a common occurrence for this car? Does yours do this? What else may I be overlooking? I know someone said to clean the throttle body but I’m not sure if that would solve this issue or if it’s normal, thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that, I’ll clean it again and do the above things and report back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I had the EFI service done at Toyota, coolant flush and new serpentine belt. I still get the idle shake when in drive at a stop sign, noticed it’s worse when I have headlights, fog lights and rear defroster on. No CEL and Toyota said they just don’t know. I’m guessing this is somewhat normal, I just don’t know what to look at next.

·
8,071 Posts
Engine/transmission mounts, though it's a bit too early for the year.
Is idle stable and within spec?
Start engine, have someone inside the car, open hood and ask person to rev engine. Is power train moving excessively?
If it does, I'd start with the dogbone. They are prone to fail. Also, there should be torque mount down there by the pass side wheel. Amazingly interesting design, if you ask me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts