Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If not the Avalon, what do you think you would end up with?
In my case, while my 97 Camry was out, I looked at 97-01 ES, LS. Also considered the newer ES330 but for the money, value and size, ended up with a 06 Avalon Limited.
Leather, sunroof is a must for me. Memory seat, heated seat adds more feature and I think is useful. Rear shade is also nice (just wish to have side shade as well)

I like the look of the 97-01 ES and they are very samiliar to my Camry. The price is reasonable.
LS is nice, bigger and more power. Tested the 98, 99 before getting the Avalon. It is a real cruiser. I like it alot.
The 01+ model even nicer, just a bit more and usually have higher mileage.
Also like the ~2000 GS400/430 not the 300 due to leak of power.
Thinking about BMW 5/7 (not 3 too small) but no real experience with BMW at all. I only know many people saying the keep up cost is high.

My wife took the Avalon after I fixed my Camry. I like the Avalon but not sure we want to have 2 (still possible)
Just want to see what you guys/girls think.

I am not planning to spend big bucks so please be reasonable (keep it within $16K, less is even better)

·
Registered
2009 Avalon Limited
593 Posts
I have the 09 limited so there arent many cars i see that i would switch for that are similar in priceing,BUt the NEW audi a8 and Lexus GS are nice.

·
It Wasn't Me
11 Avalon Limited
676 Posts
Lex GS, LS would be on my used list, as would an A8. I used to like merc, but the benz dealer here sucks, and they have had a lot of reliability problems. My parents rich doctor neighbor traded in his S550 for an A8 because of all the problems.

·
'07 Avalon Limited
'07 Avalon Ltd
1,093 Posts
I really like the VW CC. Have thought several times about trading the Avalon in on one but decided I'd finish up the extended warranty first.

This is what floats my boat lately:

·
Registered
2009 Avalon Limited
593 Posts
Im not a fan of VW..Looks nice tough.I like those rims

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like the VW CC. Have thought several times about trading the Avalon in on one but decided I'd finish up the extended warranty first.

This is what floats my boat lately:
I actually thought about one of the VW (forgot the name) but it has a V8 around 2004/5/6 time. That car was expensive to begin with but didn't make it. Not sure why. too many problem or just don't have the market in America? I don't know.

It is very hard to move back to "smaller" car for me :)

·
'07 Avalon Limited
'07 Avalon Ltd
1,093 Posts
I think you're referring to the Phaeton. Nice car but too expensive for it's market.

·
Registered
2009 Avalon Limited
593 Posts
Like they say "SIZE DOES MATTER."

·
Registered
2009 Avalon Limited
593 Posts
What a 2002 s550? no thanks

·
Registered
2009 Avalon Limited
593 Posts
I was just saying it would be alot older of a BENZ A 2007 S550 is not in the price range of a 2005 avalon.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In terms of the S class (used), I think the price jump +/- wouldn't be that bad depends on the year model. However, I personally has 0 experience with Benz, I think going to that area seems somewhat "risky" (especially moving from TOYOTA to Benz for up keep cost, parts, labor...)

Also I do think there is a class different (big) between those 2 cars. I remember going to Wal-Mart seeing some S driven by folks you know they don't fit well. Gold chain, backward baseball cap, sinlge mom with kids from a large family.... Just didn't look right.

I guess Benz does draw more attention than the grandpapa's Avalon :)

·
Registered
2009 Avalon Limited
593 Posts
In terms of the S class (used), I think the price jump +/- wouldn't be that bad depends on the year model. However, I personally has 0 experience with Benz, I think going to that area seems somewhat "risky" (especially moving from TOYOTA to Benz for up keep cost, parts, labor...)

Also I do think there is a class different (big) between those 2 cars. I remember going to Wal-Mart seeing some S driven by folks you know they don't fit well. Gold chain, backward baseball cap, sinlge mom with kids from a large family.... Just didn't look right.

I guess Benz does draw more attention than the grandpapa's Avalon :)
the S is surely larger and a class up forsure..BUT dont get it wrong..Drop me in that seat with my gold chains and pants hanging off my ass and im gonna fit just fine...People see my car sitting in a lot and then see me walking toward it and stop me and say "HEY ThATS YOUR CAR hUH?..IT FITS YOU PERFECT.I KNEW IT."lol

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a little update on this. Over the weekend, I sold my beloved Camry. I cleaned it well before sending it to the next owner. Now I can officially start looking for another ride.
As mentioned early on this thread, I still have a taste for Lexus LS. Haven't seen a lot near the area though. But I somehow came across a 07 Limited White Avalon (with GPS) Man it was temping.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I would get the 98-00 LS400, my friend has one and its the most comfortable ride Ive been in(besides a buick). It has plenty of power and gas mileage is not bad. Also the LS430, I would look for an 04-06, the 01-03 looks old and not modern at at all. Even though the LS400 and LS430 have the same power, the LS430 has much more options and a newer look.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts