Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I've posted here before about my issue I've had with my 02 SE: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335360 .

6 months later, it looks like I'm getting problems with it again :headbang:.
Got a check engine light with the car feeling sluggish, similar to what happened before. This time though, instead of trying to drive through it I had it towed to the parking lot at work (the dealer is across the street, and I ain't taking it back to AAMCO). Thanks to my insurance I didn't have to pay anything for that. The next morning I went to turn on the car, no check engine light. I took it to Autozone to get a reading of the code and it was P1315 (Ignition coil fail on bank 4). So I took it back to the parking lot, took out the coils, visually inspected them, and put them back. Still no check engine light. The car was driving fine for about 2 weeks and now I get the same issue again. Check engine light on. I don't know what the code is but I'm assuming it's the same sh1t again.

I'm thinking this all has something to do with the electrical system causing the ignition coil(s) to fail. The first time I screwed myself royally by driving the car and getting a $4,000 expense on a car that doesn't cost $2000. I'm an idiot for spending that money, but what's done is done. If I can't fix this sh1t for a few hundred bucks, I'm trading it in for a new car.

Does anyone know what causes the coils to fail? How can I get this fixed permanently so I don't have to worry about future issues with the coils?

Thanks again for your expertise. I'm pondering taking it to a mechanic but I don't want to waste anymore time and $$$. If it's going to cost too much, I'm trading it in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It turns out AAMCO charged me for four new OEM ignition coils and only installed one OEM and three AFTERMARKET. The coil that failed was an aftermarket one.

NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO AAMCO!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts