Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I posted a thread in the Hardcore Tech Section and no one replied so i thought id try again in this section.

As u can tell, ive got a 74 Celica. I was wonderin if u guys could give me some advise on the engine to throw in her. I would like a 2JZGTE, but my mate laughed and said it wouldnt fit. He told me my best bet was a 3SGTE. Now this is the first Toyota car i have ever owned. I know nothing about them. So please people i need a lot of help .. Oh and yeh im in Australia, so try and think Australian standards. Its so unbelieveably hard to get a car registered over here it aint funny. So nothing too crazy.

Hope this time i get some replies. Thanks a million guys!

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
big plans for the celica, huh.....i'm sure the swap can be done with alot of custom fabrication (ie..engine mounts) and getting someone to re-wire the entire car....how will the tranny hold??..what mechanical shape is the car in presently??....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeh .. sorry i forgot to put that in .. ill be changin over all the runnin gear .. so everything will be swapped .. gear box, engine, diff, EVERYTHING. This car is goin to be guttered. Im ripin her down to the bare shell. And bringin her to life again. So, just put it this way. If u guys had AUD$25,000 to spend on a 74 Celica, (not so much on looks but on power because the body work is perfect no rust no bumps, no bruises. Im jsut goin to make her look stock .. its goin to be a 100% sleeper. All go, no so much show .. its gona be f**kin awesome :D) .. neways back to reality, when i think about how sick this thing is goin to be i get carried away. So yeh once again help guys would be great ..

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
3S-GTE is for go. Unless you really wanna try fit in the Supra engine. With enough work anything will fit. I believe someone in Ausse get an V8 in a 5th gen Celica. So yea, it'll fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts