Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting Capital One Small Business card applications with really good rates and stuff, and I don't have a business. Is it illegal to make up business names and the like to see if I get a card? In no way would this be to rip them off, just make up a business name to get good rates :D

Thanks!

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
MRQturbo said:
^^did he piss of the irish??.....:lol:

i think silver means IRS.....even worse.....
:lol:

Anyhow, just apply for a DBA (doing business as) and take it from there...I used to have a business card that hard used. I get much better rates on my own (versus the business) hence it was closed. They asked for my EIN and my incorporation certificate, i just faxed over a dba application and certificates (that indicated BLAH BLAH dba was valid for 10 years to me!). it worked!

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
He either meant the IRS or the NRA.... haven't decided yet. Either way you will be screwed. You could always start a company that sells fake superchargers on ebay :).

·
Registered
529 Posts
You could always get a regular credit card with a high rate and just pay it off at the end of the month.

My card has like a 23.5% rate but I don't pay a dime of it since I pay in full every month.

Besides, you start paying interest and you'll never be out of debt.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tex: I have never paid a penny in interest. My main CC is about 15%, so not too bad, but I don't plan on using it for long-term payments.

The business card app I got was 7.9% until 2006 or something.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WHOA!!!

I don't need a loan or cheap money or anything. I was ONLY asking if there would be legal issues with getting the card. Thats all.

Don't need to try and read into it, I only use credit cards to build credit history, and not as a way to get stuff I cannot afford.

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,269 Posts
I meant IRS...like the Internal Revenue Service...can't believe I messed that up as I've read through many of their documents for work.

Phi - I totally agree with you, I was just about to suggest a line of credit. I have a co-worker who was maxing out her credit cards at like 18%, we're thiking get a line of credit for like 7% and save some freakin' money!

I got myself a line of credit just incase I need to buy something huge. It doesn't cost anything, I got a rate of 5.75% (impossible to get prime) and you can access the money through your bank card.

But personally, if I don't have the cash for it, I won't want to buy it...of course, unless it's a mortgage.

·
sargdesigns
2,497 Posts
Whats funny is I had my first credit card at 16. Haha... Dumbasses. I was actually sent that same Business Credit-Card offer as well. Addressed:

"sargdesigns
Brandon Mendez
.........................."

Haha, seemed kinda funny concidering I never signed up for it? Bah... I'm busy looking for a car, so I'm off of here. lates.

Brandon

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
You can build a credit history with a PLC too. It's a great alternative to CC provided you qualify. Like SilverStreak said, it doesn't cost anything and is as convienant as CC. I highly recommend anybody that has the means to qualitfy and most importantly, disciplined enough not to use it simply because it's there to apply. If you wait and apply for it when you need a loan, your financial situation will be crap making it virtually impossible to qualify. Do you buy life ins. knowing you're about to die?

It's funny how interest rates are at historic lows and have been for the past 5yrs yet CC rates ahve changed. 3.75% prime vs. 18% CC. It doesn't take a genious to figure it out.

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
interesting....how do i apply for a plc? i need to build my credit (i'm 18) but i can't get a credit card since i don't have credit:p:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do you access your line of credit? Can you get a card, checks, something else?

·
Registered
529 Posts
02RSX90camry said:
interesting....how do i apply for a plc? i need to build my credit (i'm 18) but i can't get a credit card since i don't have credit:p:
I got my own card at 18 with no previous credit, but like I said it will have an unholy interest rate.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
I was 19 and had no credit when i first came to the states. Nothing seemed going well for me, then i applied for one of those "secured cards". Basically you give them interest free $1000 and what they do is turn around and give you a credit card with $1000 credit limit. Then soon after AmEx gave me 500 and MBNA gave me 500 - within 3 months i closed my secured ccard..but it did help me gain access to others. Today, my camry is charged on my BOA card :lol: With rate like 4APR (as long as i don't use it till its paid off)....where else can i get better autorates.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts