Toyota Nation Forum banner

I'm adding steering wheel controls and cruise control to my standard Camry GL

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Maro133 
#1 ·
Hello, this is my first post. I own a 2015 Toyota Camry GL, with not a single option in it. My car did not have cruise control or steering wheel controls, and I wanted to have them. However, I could not find anyone who had a 7th gen Camry and successfully added those to a model that did not have them all over the internet. I think that only the GLX has them in this region. So, I ordered a 2015 Toyota Camry steering wheel taken off of a 2015 GLX model without the airbag. Then I took off my old wheel and airbag, put in the new wheel, put in the old airbag, and it did not work worked!.. I will make it work, that's for sure; if anyone can help, I'd be grateful to have some pictures or videos that can be helpful. I will keep updating this threat till I add all the steps for anyone who wants to do the same. If anyone has any other modification suggestions I would be more than happy to have them as well.

I tried to upgrade my A/C unit with the climate control unit but it was a big fail, there are too many things need to be changed in order to make it work like the GLX (full option version) including sensors and what not.

#2 ·
I'm not sure where you are but I've never heard of a Camry GL. Even the most basic Camry (L) in North America has those features you mention. You have the "correct" steering wheel, but you must make sure you have the proper wiring going to it to support those features. Get your hands on electrical schematics and compare to what you have on your car.

#8 ·
Hello, this is my first post. I own a 2015 Toyota Camry GL,
I tried to upgrade my A/C unit with the climate control unit but it was a big fail, there are too many things need to be changed in order to make it work like the GLX (full option version) including sensors and what not.
In some countries outside of North America the trim levels are: "GL", "GLX" and "SE".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.