Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'd like to be at least
. I've searched around and it seems that not many companies make exhaust systems for early model Toyota trucks. Am I missing something or would I need to hand pick components and have a muffler shop weld something up? I would like a Flowmaster muffler if I could get it rigged up. What about dual exhaust on these trucks? Too little backpressure for the 4cyl engine? I'm coming over from the world of Mustangs so I'm new to the whole truck thing.
Thanks in advance for the help,
~A.C.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
i know a guy who had dual flowmasters on his 86 22r pickup he had the shop put it on and it sounded great if you like the louder type exhausts. personaly ive built my own and had the shop weld em up. a turbo 2 muffler or glass pack works good,i had a pace setter header and a punched cat with 2 inch pipes on my mazda b 2200 and it had a nice sound not to loud but nice deep throaty sound. i think that would be a good setup for the 22r/re if you have emissions keep the cat intact. its hard to mess up just make sure you can hang it up and out of the way. you can save hundreds by even just buying a flowmaster muffler and the pipes and doing it yourself if you dont mind plumning a little. use the fittings a connector pipes and mark them with a sharpie where you want then take em to the muffler shop they are usually pretty cool about that stiuff they welded mine for 20 bux.

if you find a good combination let me know because once i get the engine built and down in im gonna start plumbing my 94 22re 2wd

·
Bring On The MUD!!!!!
'83 Pickup SR5
2,334 Posts
u do need a certian amount of back pressure for these trucks. it seems the norm for exhaust size is a 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 in.
Pacesetter also makes a good system. what year is ur truck?
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/performance/years.php?makeid=25&modelid=260
they have the pacesetter exhaust if u r interested. u might want to go to a local muffler shop and see what they have to offer.
Cam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts