Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Import Tuning
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pinks needs to have more episodes with import cars. I cannot conceive how they dont show any import cars during their all-out shows. Im getting sick and tired of seeing all these old muscle cars run on pinks.

·
Raging Raven
05 Dodge Neon SRT-4
1,095 Posts
i think the last one i saw with a import was a Honda and it lost big time...but then i havent watched pinks in awhile.

·
Import Tuning
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These were the pinks episodes with import cars-
1. red turbo civic coupe vs. black pontiac trans am - trans am won
2. pink turbo civic hatchback vs. white turbo rx7 - rx7 won
3. pinks all out - gray rx7 made it to final 16 then lost

·
Raging Raven
05 Dodge Neon SRT-4
1,095 Posts
there was a old nissan on there but i cant remember what it was..... it was on all out......it lost because his steering wheel came off

·
Registered
4runner
682 Posts
There was also an episode with a built up lexus in it but the driver crashed into the wall.

I don't mine the show but it does get old after a while.

·
Vroom?
2003 Audi A4
4,408 Posts
These were the pinks episodes with import cars-
1. red turbo civic coupe vs. black pontiac trans am - trans am won
2. pink turbo civic hatchback vs. white turbo rx7 - rx7 won
3. pinks all out - gray rx7 made it to final 16 then lost
and a crx or civic, can't remember but it was in all out, and it did amazing, I stopped watching so not sure how far he got

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Location Location Location. For a while now, it has been shoot in the south and midwest, which is the heart of american muscle territory. Plus the guys involved know those cars a lot better than they know imports. in 2 weeks, they are going to film 4 episodes in NY, so expect to see some more imports there. I will be attending 2 of them so i'll see if we can't get people chanting "IMPORT" :D

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
I also very much resent how the hosts of that show rip on imports all the time. Not sure which episode it was, but the one tech guy, I think his name is, "Travis" was saying how he loves imports but they are so unreliable.
Then there was the episode of all-out where they were in Michigan and they made the comment of how there werent hadly any imports and again that one tech guy was like, "Yeah, if you drive an import around here you are considered a traitor."
Then in the episode with the red Civic when the driver wanted a heads-up race the host kept saying to him, "you represented for imports". What is that supposed to mean, that most import drivers are lame and would want a huge lead???
The only episode that I really liked was the one with the snowmobiles. Being from Wisconsin and being a snowmobiler I thought that was pretty cool.

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
All-out is better. Its a single-elimination race with something like 16 different cars. Also, they have a rule that if you arent within a tenth or 2 of your qualifying time you get DQed. That prevents the sandbagging and makes people have to run their car all-out every time.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
All-out is better. Its a single-elimination race with something like 16 different cars. Also, they have a rule that if you arent within a tenth or 2 of your qualifying time you get DQed. That prevents the sandbagging and makes people have to run their car all-out every time.
I agree, ALL-OUT is better in that regard. I think PINKS ALL-OUT should be the show by default, and cut the regular PINKS out of the picture because negotiating lengths is gay :thumbdown

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
LOL...Yeah. I never liked how they would bicker and whine when negotiating conditions of the races.
I sometimes wonder if afterwards those guys regret going on national TV and acting like a bunch of crybabies.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
LOL...Yeah. I never liked how they would bicker and whine when negotiating conditions of the races.
I sometimes wonder if afterwards those guys regret going on national TV and acting like a bunch of crybabies.
I'd think that only the losers would regret losing their rides on national TV :lol:

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Well i went to the taping here in NY this past weekend. it was freezing cold, but it should be a good episode. It airs in march. It was a 67 chevelle was an 82 Supra. And lets just say, while the chevelle allways had it off the launch, once that huge turbonetics turbo spooled up, the supra won it by a couple of car lengths. needless to say we finaly have an import winning on pinks!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Well i went to the taping here in NY this past weekend. it was freezing cold, but it should be a good episode. It airs in march. It was a 67 chevelle was an 82 Supra. And lets just say, while the chevelle allways had it off the launch, once that huge turbonetics turbo spooled up, the supra won it by a couple of car lengths. needless to say we finaly have an import winning on pinks!
Was there a lot of "sandbagging"?

Either way, I actually can't wait to watch this episode you mentioned :thumbup: Supra FTW!!

·
Posting via iPhone/iPad
92 miata
1,117 Posts
I agree the negotiations are BS. It's a race, car vs car whatever is on it. Not, "Oh, he has NOS, I need more lengths." No, it's you vs them, car vs car as-is. :nono:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts