Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 92 SC400 and i am in desperate need of a brake pad change, i probably know mechanics as much as a man understands a woman. I DO NOT KNOW MUCH!!!!! LOL :confused::headbang:

Please help me by possibly providing me with a step by step guide (with pics if possible) I would greatly appreciate it. :clap:

thank you,
Hector.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Front brakes are pretty easy, you remove the pads and then have the rotors machined or changed. If you have disc brakes in the back then they are the same as the front. Drum brakes are another story, stay away if you have no experience.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
SC400s have disc brakes all around.

jack up the car, put in on stands, remove the wheel, remove 1 bolt from the back of the caliper, swing the caliper up and remove the old brake pad, put Permatex Disc Brake Quiet on the back side of the new brake pad(not necessary but recommended), put everything back together. do the same for the other 3.

like hondacity said, get your rotors resurfaced. highly recommended but not necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for your help guys, it came in handy, brakes are changed and car is stopping. LOL.

happy wrenching.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 92 SC400 and i am in desperate need of a brake pad change, i probably know mechanics as much as a man understands a woman. I DO NOT KNOW MUCH!!!!! LOL :confused::headbang:

Please help me by possibly providing me with a step by step guide (with pics if possible) I would greatly appreciate it. :clap:

thank you,
Hector.
Just go to the dealer from where you have bought it. Don't go to any road side mechanic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts