Toyota Nation Forum banner

I'm missing a few fuses...

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  AvalonGrip 
#1 ·
Technology Vehicle Car

Electronics Technology Electronic device Gadget Portable communications device

So I'm missing the ABS No.4 (5A), Head LH UPR (10A), Head RH UPR (10A). I think my high beams work ok and ditto with the ABS. Previous owner did tell me that ABS light was on all the time but fixed for free by a friend....:whistle: 🤨

Just wondering what I'm missing out on and if the free fix was, well, what's that saying about free stuff? :ROFLMAO: Thanks fellas.(y)

See less See more
#3 ·
It’s normal for the fuseblocks to have positions that are unpopulated. Toyota often uses the same parts on cars that don’t have certain features.

Reactions: AvalonGrip
#4 ·
Thanks fellas. @Bigplanz I will once I get a chance, been slave to the grind lately. I've been meaning to post this for 2 weeks now :LOL: @BMR I'm thinking you may be right with the Head LH/RH UPR fuses. But I have a feeling the ABS No.4 was pulled to get the ABS light to turn off, hence "fixing the ABS problem" :ROFLMAO:

If anyone can check their 2000 Avalon XLS and see if these 3 are populated in their fuse boxes I'd appreciate it, thanks (y)

#7 · (Edited)
My 2000 XLS has the 5 amp ABS fuse, but not the other two.
@Bigplanz I'm a bit confused, your picture shows you are missing the same exact 3 fuses that I am. Did you mistake the 7.5 amp DRL fuse for the ABS fuse right next to it? 🧐

@BMR I did manage to determine that Head LH/RH UPR 10A do not have any circuit connected to them in Avalons from 2000 to 2002. ABS No.4 does though and forms some part of the vehicle skid control system.(y)

#6 ·
Another thing you could check... Are the empty fuse locations wired? Can you see metal contacts in those slots? Oftentimes, they’re not, when it’s intentionally unpopulated by Toyota.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.