Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
General process is to find a clean "virgin" dump for the EEPROM, and then write that to your EEPROM (inside the ECM) and then don't plug the immobilizer harness back in to the ECU so it stays in programming mode forever.

You could also tape a chip key to ignition lock cylinder, that is how a lot of remote start installers do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Steve
Thank you very much for your quick reply and sorry for my slow response
I generally tape a chipped key to a spare arial that I’ve pick up at the wreckers and hide it under the dash and use steel keys, I just have a Camry at the moment that is very hit and miss with the chip, picking up every now and then (1 in 5 I’ll get a failure, aftermarket key and only one)
As for replacing the EEPROM that’s of interest, what does the BIOS look like for the EEPROM and where can I get the file reference ?

Cheers
Darren

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
What is the part number of your ECU? You might try searching around for "<part number> virgin dump" or "<part number> clean immobilizer dump" . Also, before writing anything to your EEPROM, read it out a few times and check for consistency to make sure you have a good backup of it in case things go wrong.

Unfortunately I've never done a 4 cylinder so I don't have any files for yours. They aren't usually all zeros, there are a few special bits in there that make them work.

There isn't really a BIOS built in. The EEPROM is memory, nothing more. To reprogram you need to build an interface using a few simple components. You can also buy them pre assembled.

I use PonyProg on my laptop for actually reading and writing the data to the memory.

http://www.lancos.com/prog.html

There are some interface schematics on that site too. (The ones I have done were 93Cxx devices)

Sorry I can't be any more helpful, but like I said I have never done your specific model, so I don't have a step by step or anything.

·
Speedkar99 on YouTube
2003 Camry
1,899 Posts
I did a full writeup on the EEPROM virginizing years ago:

Here's my video:

In my experience this isn't the way to bypass the immobilizer, it just resets it so you can add new keys. The Virgin dump has quite a few characters inside so you can't just blank it out.

Taping the original key to the inductor loop inside the dash is the cheapest and easiest way to "bypass" it.

You could also look at swapping the immobilizer ECU, key ring and ECU from a non-immobilizer Gen 5 equipped Camry LE. The immobilizer unit is separate from the ECU on the Gen 5, located just above the glove box latch under the passenger airbag.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys
Thanks for the reading, I think I’ve managed to absorb some of that
If the EEPROM is a RFDI identifier. Can a hard wire or circuit replace the EEPROM and delete the Authentication all together ?
Has anyone here sone this and what it look like ?

Cheers
Darren

1 - 7 of 7 Posts