Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
My cousin is planning on moving to Canada and he wants to bring his cars with him if its possible and if the taxes are not too hi on them. He asked me to find out, I tried searching but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know anything about this?
thanx in advance
-kasim

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
I don't believe their is a tax on bringing your personal car there when you move location. The only time there is a tariff is if you are bringing the car in with intent to sell. So he shouldn't have any problems bringing it in.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
where abouts in The Great White North is he moving to?

ya shouldnt be a problem bringing vehicle across, he just has to get his new drivers lisence then insure it for that province

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok... if you want to bring in a car into middle east, taxes there are pretty heavy. Glad to hear its not the same for Canada.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ yup....for moving to Canada, it's listed under personal effects, and as long as he declares them on his first landing, then there are no taxes no matter how many cars he brings:thumbup:

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Tell him to sell them.. he can probably find them cheaper down here and then save himself some money. :thumbup: :D

·
Owner of Prius V & others
00 Solara - 07 Vitz
2,054 Posts
I think there is just a small fee for registering in this province from another province or country if it has never been registared in Ontario before.

Same thing happened with my car, it was a B.C. car and when we shipped it here they said I had to pay somthing for getting it registered in Ontario.

-Rick

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Eye8Pussies said:
^ yup....for moving to Canada, it's listed under personal effects, and as long as he declares them on his first landing, then there are no taxes no matter how many cars he brings:thumbup:
AS long as it was part of this personal effects list he got stamped during his landing process...it shouldn't be anything big. Your good, your moving from states....when we were planning to move from the middleeast, we were asked to get the bumpers, headlights/cornerlights replaced...we didn't bother..we just sold the car rather than bring it with us.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Depends on which country he is moving from. If he is moving to Canada from the United States, it will be much lower and it will be much easier to legalize in Canada. If from some other country then it would be much more difficult.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
jhbhatia said:
when we were planning to move from the middleeast, we were asked to get the bumpers, headlights/cornerlights replaced...we didn't bother..we just sold the car rather than bring it with us.
yup, I'd imagine middle eastern cars use the same european style headlights, not north american. :)

there's actually different specifications for each which would cause the difference.

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
REN69 said:
Tell him to sell them.. he can probably find them cheaper down here and then save himself some money. :thumbup: :D
I suggested the same thing to him. He said that the only reason why he wants to bring his cars here is because you can't get brabus benz here too easily. Brabus and Kleeman are packages offered at the dealerships in the middle east. He paid a lot for it so he doesn't want to sell it. He won't get much for it he says.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts