Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know for everybody who bought a Toyota Camry XLE 2007 (regardless V6 or I4) with VSC (Stability control). If you did not see a VSC indicator light on a couple second after the engine has been started, let me know where do you live (just say the city or state). I try to confront this issue to Toyota so they can clear it up either by revising the manual book or recall the car. (I prefer the first one though)

·
Blue 2007 Camry SE V6
43 Posts
I'm in Canada (Toronto), and my 2007 Camry SE V6 has VSC/TRAC.

This was the main reason I went for the V6 instead of the I4 engine in the car since the VSC/TRAC are not offered on the "SE", just the "SE V6" along with "XLE V6" and optional on the "LE V6".

The Camry Hybrid has VDIM which is a different type of stability/traction control system.

From the Canadian brochure

MECHANICAL LE SE LE_V6 SE_V6 XLE_V6 HYBRID
Drivetrain
Front Engine/Front Wheel Drive x x x x x x
Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) w/
Traction Control (TRAC) – – o x x x
Vehicle Dynamics Integrated
Management (VDIM) – – – – – x

x = standard
o = optional
- = not available

In the USA it maybe slightly different since there is also a CE model from what I understand.

·
Blue 2007 Camry SE V6
43 Posts
I found the equivalent e-brochure for the Camry on the Toyota.com site and it has VSC/TRAC as optional on all of the models except the Hybrid

Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [3]
with Traction Control (TRAC) O O O O O O O O O O S
Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) [5] - - - - - - - - - - S

·
Registered
61 Posts
I own a '07 XLE V6 with VSC/TRAC that was purchased at Norm Wagner Toyota in Lancaster, MA. It has a skidding car idiot light that lights when you start up, and there is a verbose message that appears on the multi-function display for the VSC when there is a problem. If you read the manual carefully, you will see that the XLE does not have a "VSC" idiot light. I'm comfortable that my car is correctly equiped.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Avalonman said:
^I like that post!! A skidding car idiot.lol supreme
No humor intended. Maybe I'm just old, but the lights on the dash that light up when something goes wrong are/were called idiot lights, because even people who couldn't read gauges or check oil could see when the light came on and take the car in for repair.

·
Banned
821 Posts
neil0311 said:
No humor intended. Maybe I'm just old, but the lights on the dash that light up when something goes wrong are/were called idiot lights, because even people who couldn't read gauges or check oil could see when the light came on and take the car in for repair.
I agree ... only an idiot waits until the light actually comes on to solve/attend to a problem/ possible problem on the car! (with the exception of the check engine light, in which case, I bust out my snap-on scan tool, and read the system for a fault code :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.