Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
@evan86levin
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my name is Evan and I own a 1986 AE86 Corolla Levin imported from okinawa. To start out, here is a video of the car in its current state of modification wasting some high octane gas:

CURRENT ISSUES/NIGGLES WITH CAR:
-MAP sensor issue, car stutters when releasing throttle at high speed, has high idle, stutters under hard acceleration (any help/advice with this is appreciated)
-Car is all over the road, plan on getting alignment check
-fuel gauge is inaccurate and comes on randomly
-rust spot in passenger side door well

Here are some pictures!

Follow this build on wheelwell: https://wheelwell.com/evan-deangelo

Attachments

·
Senior TN Member
Porsche
7,505 Posts
Hi and welcome to TN! Very cool car! I've always liked those headlights more than pop-up ones.

Check and measure for intake manifold leaks. That's source of your high idle and stumbling. Especially when letting off throttle, engine will suck in extra air after throttle body.

·
@evan86levin
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome to TN! Very cool car! I've always liked those headlights more than pop-up ones.

Check and measure for intake manifold leaks. That's source of your high idle and stumbling. Especially when letting off throttle, engine will suck in extra air after throttle body.
Cheers, previous owner said it was a map sensor issue, but I have no idea. What is the best way to check for manifold leaks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.