Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys (Girls if there are any),

I live in Southwestern Ontario (hamilton-london) and do alot of driving between school and home. I got my camry (DX 2.2 litre) in the summer and I could get around 700-800 kms per tank with mostly highway driving. With the onslaught of winter, it's down to like 600 kms per tank. Is this normal??

Since I bought the car used, I don't know how old the wires, plugs, fuel filter is/are....what type of plugs/wires do you recommend for optimal fuel efficiency?

I've also been exclusively using gas from Petro-Can...has anyone determined which is the best brand for their 4 cylinder Camry?

ALSO, last but not least...I've come across the Acetone debate and was wondering how many of you have tried it and with what results...seems pretty interesting to me!

Take care,
Karl

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,862 Posts
cold weather does yield lower MPG. while youre checking things, check tire pressure to make sure its up to snuff.

i dont know if you have the same fuel stations as your friends in the states, but here i like marathon and shell. they seem to work the best in my camry.

as for the acetone, try doing a quick search. there have been a number of arguements for and against it.

·
Registered
07 XLE Camry
1,299 Posts
bigbird said:
use acitone(nail polish remover), 2-5 oz. per every 10 gallons of gas. *toysrme*
no more than 5 oz??? for 10 gallon
i wanna do this but dont know where the hell to get it

·
Registered
64 Posts
What does the acetone exactly do...

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts