Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 T4R. Maps show wrong route numbers. Corporate unresponsive to the problem. Dealer useless. Dangerous. Will not use nav system. Not CarPlay compatible. Disastrous situation. This will be my last Toyota after 30+ years of owning one. Sad day.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
2019 T4R. Maps show wrong route numbers. Corporate unresponsive to the problem. Dealer useless. Dangerous. Will not use nav system. Not CarPlay compatible. Disastrous situation. This will be my last Toyota after 30+ years of owning one. Sad day.
So, how did you navigate 30 years ago? Disastrous and dangerous maps?
Sorry but, it seems that so many complaints and problems relate to navigation/linking phones/electronic connectivity type issues.
I grew up with out all that stuff and still do not feel the want or, need for it.
I drive a 2000 Camry as a daily driver. Very reliable, has none of that stuff. I get around just fine.
Is it possible to link up your phone to the TV in the middle of your dash and use Google Maps or, something like that?
Do other makes of vehicles have more accurate navigation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With paper maps that accurately represented the roads. Everyone I talk to has a better/more accurate navigation system in their cars. Garmin and Tom toms are one example. If google Maps can get it right, why can’t Toyota. No, can’t get google maps thru the navigation system.

·
3,414 Posts
Welcome to the sire Navisux.

Dealers can't do much other than provide any updates to the software. Being a 2019 Toyota probably still has to work on the fix. The more software dependent out vehicles become, the more likely to have glitches at first. Updates will come.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Corporate also doesn’t seem to get it or care. If and when the maps are finally updated and corrected, there will be a fee to get something that should have been correct prior to installation

·
3,414 Posts
I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bath water due to the Nav system. I have avoided factory Nav systems myself, mostly due to where I live I don;t need them, and can use Google Maps or whatever free when on the road and need a nav route. Saves me mucho money on the system. The Runner is a nice platform for what it is, just factory stereos/Nav units aren't always top end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yet again the navigation system is a major failure. We selected a New York State Park from the list of places. It not only took us an hour longer than it should have, but also failed to bring us to the park!!! Then I plugged in my trusty and TRUSTED garmin -which we should have used to begin with. So much for giving Toyota a second chance.
Is anybody from Toyota awake and hearing this?

·
straight cash homie
18,709 Posts
2020 4Runner will have both Android Auto and Carplay. If I was the OP, I'd plan on trading it in the '19. Gotta love the T4R's phenomenal resale value.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mercedes navigation is also poor! I have a 2019 GLC300 4matic and bought the OEM SD card by Garmin. It's guidance is often very wrong!!! If I'm going to an unfamiliar place, I use my old TomTom model GO2405.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
fred9x
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing