Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 4X4 toyota pickup
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys my brother has got a 95 4runner with the v6 and he can't get his idle to be consistent. we've replaced the intake plenum gasket and the big hose from the aircleaner box. we can't seem to find what is making it do this and he used to have an vacum leak that he fixed but it still has a wierd idle. any suggestions? on the 88 and older truck forum the vac lines seem to be a problem but i wouldn't think that on a 95 you would need to.

·
Registered
84 4X4 toyota pickup
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no he hasn't had the injectors cleaned. they need cleaning pretty bad by now i would imagine. we put new seals and stuff on them when we did the headgasket job on it though. we've got a plumbers torch so when he's in town or when i talk to him next i'll tell him to try that.

·
1992 SR5 4Runner
92 4Runner
8 Posts
2 Things u should check...

I had the same problem with my 92... I just rebuilt from a write-off... needless to say I've done a lot of trouble-shooting, etc...

My truck ran ok, but would run rough after warm starts, and other random times, but fairly regularily. I replaced the plugs and wires, didn't really help... then I replaced the 02 sensor, that helped a bit and then i replaced the PCV and the problem was solved.

The O2 was OEMand so that cost 150$ to replace as it needed the new bracket CA... the PCV was 4$...

Hope that goes well for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts