Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summit Racing has a nice inexpensive light bar. I ordered one $155.50 and it even comes with a set of 6" Daystar driving lights, and wiring harness. Mine just showed up today. looks like a nice part. Very stout with mounting tabs for 4 lights. I will install it this weekend and post some pics. I don't plan to use the supplied lights so watch the classifieds soon. Here is a link.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=DYS%2DKT70027BKP&N=700+4294925242+4294838939+4294845163+4294907680+401077+4294907043+115&autoview=sku

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It comes with backets that use the 6 factory bumper mounting bolts. No cutting or drilling required.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed the bar. Took about 15 minutes total. Took longer to get out the airhose and tools than it did to install. Very straight forward install. Remove three nuts on each side that hold the bumper on, slide the supplied brakets over the bumper studs, re-install the nuts, slide the light bar legs through the lower grill and bolt on to the new brackets. Very clean no cutting or drilling. The lights that came with it are 8" diameter. Plenty of room for 4ea 9"+ diameter if you want to go big. Pics coming soon. Ordering lights tomorrow. Looking at either 2 PIAA 550's and 2 PIAA 525's or just 4 PIAA 525's.

·
2012/14 Stanley Cup Champ
1,883 Posts
This thread is worthless without pics :D

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will snap some pics tonight. Just the light bar right now. Ordering the lights today. Going with the big PIAA 550's in the center and the smaller 525's on the outside.

·
'Coma Nut
1,210 Posts
I'd also like for you to tell us your experience on the stability of the lights when you test it. Just wondering if the beam dances around much on a moderatly bumpy road.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ForTech said:
I'd also like for you to tell us your experience on the stability of the lights when you test it. Just wondering if the beam dances around much on a moderatly bumpy road.
I don't think that will be an issue. The bar is very solid. No flex or movement at all.

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
Silver-Bolt said:
I installed the bar. Took about 15 minutes total. Took longer to get out the airhose and tools than it did to install. Very straight forward install. Remove three nuts on each side that hold the bumper on, slide the supplied brakets over the bumper studs, re-install the nuts, slide the light bar legs through the lower grill and bolt on to the new brackets. Very clean no cutting or drilling. The lights that came with it are 8" diameter. Plenty of room for 4ea 9"+ diameter if you want to go big. Pics coming soon. Ordering lights tomorrow. Looking at either 2 PIAA 550's and 2 PIAA 525's or just 4 PIAA 525's.
Hmmm. The arms on that bar must be pretty narrow to fit through that lower grille?? What's the diameter? I always figured you'd have to cut the grill a bit to fit those style light bars - guess not.

Oh yeah, and:
:D

·
'Coma Nut
1,210 Posts
I HAVE to get a brush guard, or one of these light bars as I do alot of night driving and am used to the extra light (always had driving lights on previous trucks).

I had a bull bar on my '98 Tacoma, but found the mounting tabs for the lights too low. The beam tended to stretch along the asphalt rather than shine down the road - therefore I want to have the lights mounted higher this time around.

Does anyone have any experience with the Randy Ellis or Demello bars? Fit and finish on them look great - just wondering if they are worth the extra coin over the Summit one.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like you will have to check my gallery. I managed to upload a few pics but can't seem to post them.

·
NJ *******
2005 Toyota Tacoma
712 Posts
Ok heres my problem, but maybe some of you freaks can relate. I like this bar, and the Ellis a lot. Problem is I have the Grill Craft grill with the trd logo... lights on the outer tabs will cover the logo. God, life is so hard. :sosad:

·
'Coma Nut
1,210 Posts
MINI2NUT said:
Here you go...
Is it possible (if you find the time) to get a few more pics of the light bar? Maybe from the top, sides, and standing further back from the truck??

I'm still tore between this (like the price), the Randy Ellis, or one of those Hunter Ebay Brush Guards.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.