1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone tried putting a Insta-Gate on their T100

They were made for the Tundra and Taco Truck

Was thinking that the Tundra one might fit

.....NOT SURE IF THE TUNDRA TAILGATE IS WIDER THAN THE T100....????

ANYONE KNOW??

Also not sure if the latch is different.

Since these folks are out of business can't ask them.

There are some on Craigs for sale cheap but seller only responds its for a Tundra and for me to buy it to see if it fits (won't even measure its width for me).

Anyways it looks like a practical tailgate extender without all the burden of some big ball and chain to lug around.

http://www.dirtrider.com/gear/vehicles/141_0508_insta_gate_bed_elongator/index.html

ANY INFO MUCH APPRECIATED!

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
The tailgate would be about the same as the T-100 as the camper tops fit on both the Tundra and T-100. Since they fit on both...the tailgate openings would have to be the same, yes? However...I believe that the tailgate latching system is different on the Tundra and the T-100...but the tailgate latching system on the Tacoma looks to be close to the T-100. You might have to git both and rob the latch from the Tacoma version and slap it on the Tundra version. ;)

Looks like they are in San Francisco fer about $100? :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Biggest concern is if it is too wide then it won't fold away and store in a nice neat package that is ready for instant use. That would be a deal killer for me as I do not weld aluminum (cut shorter and weld) and then it would become just another bulky tailgate extender that keeps getting in the way so the day before you actually need it you leave it at home or get rid of it.

Anyone have any experience, know about someone that does, read it on the internet (at forums like this) or hear rumors of trying to fit the Tundra on the T100?

THANKS!

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
Nope...yer gonna be the first as far as I know. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
You could contact them...they still are in business!
http://insta-gate.net :D

You'll probably have to drill holes in the tailgate to put the bottom cleat in as the T-100 tailgate doesn't have the same access panel as the Tacoma or Tundra has... :(

It looks like the latching mechanism can be unbolted...so there's a good chance they could send you the Tundra sized tailgate extender with the Tacoma latching hardware. :D

Post over at Tundra Solutions with piccies! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts