Toyota Nation Forum banner

241 - 260 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same exhaust on my Camry 4 cyl. With the resonator it droned and when I put my header on it got worse. Me being the smart guy I am (not smart) had them remove the res. Now she sounds amazing under load but like major crap when normal driving I drive it in manual mode constantly cause I just can't stand drive. I'm still new to the forum so I have to figure out how to post a video of the exhaust I still like it but I'm thinking about buying a universal Apexi World Sport 2 muffler which should quiet her down some.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I installed an AEM dry filter in my Camry. It was $40 from JC Whitney. Doesn't need oil. I also installed a K&N cabin filter. $45 with the spray cleaning/oil kit from JC Whitney. Funny smell at first but it goes away.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
So I oredered the J2 Exhaust for the V6..

Going to see if it wil fit up to the 2.5L

I know the flanges are different and will probaby cut and weld to use the OEM resonator, possibly use both resonators to keep it quiet

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
jUST PUTTING THIS OUT THERE...

Megen EZ street coilovers which are around 650-699 (use OEM top mounts) can be found at ProPartsUSA for 616.55 with 5% discount code PPUSA5 with FREE shipping.

https://propartsusa.com/products/megan-racing-ez-street-coilovers-mr-cdk-tca12s-ez-31?variant=26674238595

Now..

Andys Auto Sport has a Price Stomper thing going on.. Ill paste from ANDYS site..

Andy's works tirelessly to make sure our prices are the best in the land. It's our way of delivering superior value to you! Our goal is to make sure you know you're always getting the best price from us without doing any extra price-checking work.

If you've seen a lower price, we will STOMP our price down to our cost. You shouldn't have to go through the hassle to price shop -- that's our job! We don't think you'll find a better price, but if you do then you can have the part at cost as a gesture of our good faith.

And no need to call in to get your new price. It's all set up through our website right here with Andy's Price Stomp. Just grab the URL where you saw it for a better price, paste it on the next page and we'll give you a link to buy it at a shiny new stomped-up price!
http://www.andysautosport.com/price_stomp_program.html
http://www.andysautosport.com/products/megan_racing__mr-cdk-tca12s-ez.html

So now I went to Andys to see what the "Cost Price" is.. Cuz if its a good price, Im busting out the credit card. (waiting for reply)

BTW, the are for SE camry.. IDK about all you LE, XLE people out there..

Also, Apparently theres a SE Special Edition which was a limited run by toyota. Has 18" wheels, couple other options and an I4 engine.. Well, guess they dont make coilovers that fit that (wonder why)

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
I don't see why it won't work. I'm guessing the company doesn't want to say it fits for liability reasons, but it should fit regardless of the models, but some brands do have two different models for the LE/XLE and SE/XSE trim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 2012 Camry SE takes different struts than the L, LE and the XLE. The SE has a stiffer performance suspension. The others have the regular suspension.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
^^^
You know this for a fact?

Springs and struts are 2 different things.. And would have different part numbers for struts and top plate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased four Unity brand quick strut assemblies. Each strut comes completely assembled ready to be put in. The SE strut assemblies were a different number form the other set for the L,LE and XLE as per the parts place I bought them from. The SE comes stock with a heavy duty suspension.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
AVOID ANDYS AUTO SPORT
They advertise that if you found a lower price, They will give you the item AT COST as good faith that they have the lowest price.
http://www.andysautosport.com/price_...ram_terms.html

So I was looking for a set of coilovers for my daily.

Andy's price: 699.00 shipped
ProPartsUSA.com 649.99 with a 5% discount code brings it to $616.55

I go thru the motions with Andys Price Stomper and I get a price of 639.xx shipped.

I reply to them saying, Thats not AT COST. Your advertising says AT COST and you havent even beaten the other websites price.

They said theres no profit to be had if they sell them lower.

I reply: If you supposed to sell them at COST, they're isnt supposed to be any profit. Thats the guarantee you guys have on your site. To sell them AT COST.

So they reply with $615.00 shipped is the lowest they can do.

Below is the Email's back and forth:

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 4:06 PM, wrote:

I sent a price stomp from ProPartsUSA that has the Megan coilovers for 616.55 shipped. (649.99 + 5% discount code PPUSA5)

Now the Price Stomper says youll sell them for dealer cost Which the total was still higher than ProPartsUSA.com

Link: https://propartsusa.com/products/megan-racing-ez-street-coilovers-mr-cdk-tca12s-ez-31?variant=26674238595

So I'm waiting to get a total..

Thanks

On Mar 28, 2017 12:16 PM, "Sales Dept" <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi!

Can you send me your account email address which you have used to send the price stomp request?

Let me know. Thanks!

Pablo
Andy's Auto Sport
1-800-419-1152
www.andysautosport.com

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:14 AM,wrote:
I dismissed the stomp.. but it was something around 639 area.. i know it wasnt the "cost" price + shipping.
And this is the email i used for everything.

Thx

On Mar 28, 2017 6:11 PM, "Sales Dept" <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi

We can do $615.00 shipped. Send me your phone number to call you and take the payment.

Also, please send your first name, last name, billing address and shipping address
If any other questions come up, let me know. Thanks!

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 3:22 PM, wrote:
So what happened to the price stomp guarantee that i would get the dealer cost price?

615 minus 50 in shipping, leaves 565.. you guys are paying 399 for these.

We have almost no room for profit in this order. I'm not sure where you found the price of $399.00 but that is definitely not our dealer price. $615.00 is the best price we can do.

Let me know. Thanks!

Pablo
Andy's Auto Sport
1-800-419-1152
www.andysautosport.com

Sad to see sites that advertise then dont even honor their own policy or guarantee.. Just putting it out there to avoid places like this and their deceptive practices.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
Yes.. Looks like it wont take much fabbing to make it work..

Sorry for the crppy pics.. I was late for work and unboxing the exhaust took a few minutes.

BTW.. I ordered it using the Make Offer and 240 was rejected.. 250 was accepted.

EDIT: Wheels came in also..

Attachments

·
TN &#12398; &#12364;&#12375;&#12423;&#12358;
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Yes.. Looks like it wont take much fabbing to make it work..

Sorry for the crppy pics.. I was late for work and unboxing the exhaust took a few minutes.

BTW.. I ordered it using the Make Offer and 240 was rejected.. 250 was accepted.

EDIT: Wheels came in also..
What wheels are those? Looks similar to Works Emotion CR Kai but I don't think they offer it in machine silver finish. Looks good though!

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
They are ESRwheels.com and SR08

Esr makes all the copies of the big dollar wheels..

Same chinese crap, but they claim to be JWL certified..

I thinknthey should look pretty good.

·
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Added more info. on tires regarding sizes and measurements.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
If anyone is looking for a different shift knob, I found these..

19 bucks isnt that bad.

I have to look to see if I have 8x1.25 in my thread making kit, But I plan on cutting the tall shifter shaft, tap new threads and make it lower.

If I dont have the tap, Ill just cut some of the threads off and have the knob lower.

http://www.j-specialty.com/category-s/1858.htm

Aluminum, black or Neo-Chrome

EDIT: Im tired of not being able to get my hand in the center area because the shift knob is in the way

·
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
If anyone is looking for a different shift knob, I found these..

19 bucks isnt that bad.

I have to look to see if I have 8x1.25 in my thread making kit, But I plan on cutting the tall shifter shaft, tap new threads and make it lower.

If I dont have the tap, Ill just cut some of the threads off and have the knob lower.

http://www.j-specialty.com/category-s/1858.htm

Aluminum, black or Neo-Chrome

EDIT: Im tired of not being able to get my hand in the center area because the shift knob is in the way
Those are nice but in the hot summer heat, make sure you're wearing gloves or your palm will get branded. :wink:

·
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
I never had an issue with that as my cars are always tinted.

But ive heard stories
I've experienced it with my Genesis and it was tinted. Swapped it back to stock right after.

California summers are not kind to metal shift knobs.

241 - 260 of 293 Posts