Toyota Nation Forum banner

261 - 280 of 293 Posts

·
short-throw dipstick
5,916 Posts
I've experienced it with my Genesis and it was tinted. Swapped it back to stock right after.

California summers are not kind to metal shift knobs.
Or PVC lol. I drove a friend's Contour SVT and the knob was mushy and melting in my hand. Although the Pleather GSR shift knob I have in my Insight holds up great (chose it over the actual leather one from different years because it is much harder-wearing)

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
The exhaust goes on friday.. I wont be there for the install, but the guy i talked to was very experienced and knows what i want.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
@[quote][/quote];
I am excited to see how's it going to be. If yours comes out fine I'm ordering them as well. Keep us posted.
Its not going to be bolted right up. Im keeping oem resonator and cutt8ng in the resonator from the kit to ba after the oem resonator.

So itll look just fine because im having it cut and fabbed up to be just how i like it.

I want the dual look but be as quiet as possible.

If your looking to just bolt it up after the cat, it might work..

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
Ok, So heres the deal..

Went from OEM resonator and did NOT use the one with the kit,

Sound is great. Just a hum.. like a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

I tried to take in cabin video but cant even hear it with the road noise. No drone, no rasp, VERY subtle. Even under load.

The guy just put the driver side using a zip tie until I get the bracket for a V6 (from TN vendor Toyota of Cool Springs) for 37.56

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/oem-parts/toyota-muffler-rear-bracket-175750p111/?c=aT04NTI2MjkwNSZyPTIx

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe my eye deceive me but I'm sure I saw in a user's signature that he or she has a ported throttle body on their 7th gen 3.5L Camry.

Does anybody know anything about this?

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
Trust me. its not where near obnoxious. Its very quiet, but sounds like something of hum like a ferrari when under load.

It was a great decision. Im glad i got it done.

Edit: the tire noise is louder than the exhaust.. unless under load lke freeway on ramps, etc.. but just cruising, you can barely hear it with radio off. road noise is louder

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds good to me thanks. Could you give a final itemized list of what is needed, the modifications and about what it would cost? Thanks.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
1. Exhaust system
2. Reputable exhaust shop to install it
3. Bracket from drivers side V6 model
4. 1-2 rubber hangers.
5. Bolts for bracket

·
TN の がしょう
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Okay, I am currently considering making a custom catback exhaust system for the Camry. That will include 2.5" piping with 1EA tube resonator and either a Megan Racing Dual 3" outlets x 2EA or with Vibrant single 3" outlet x 2EA..

Researching a bit more to see how the sound like will be like with one resonator. If it's too raspy for my taste, I might need to get two but we shall see once I get the ball rolling.

Regarding for those who have Borla exhaust, which one do you guys have? Cat back or axle back? I would like to know if you kept the OEM resonator or took them off.

·
TN の がしょう
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #277

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
I think it was the 1792 where it cracked at the welds. had to toss in the trash.

If you use the canister type, Id try and get it to 16- 18"

If you go bottle type, twin 18's is what i would use as theres not much noise cancellation.

Edit..

that link shows a 10" so i would run 2 of those..

And I will admit.. that J2 dual kit has alot of holes to dampen the sound.. If I were you, Id just do the J2 kit. Especially since cutting and welding isnt cheap.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
IDK who would want to race a Rav4 besides TRD... Theres so many other choices out there.

But makes sence why they abandoned Camry.. No one buys a Camry for performance.

I wish they would make a limited run of V6 performance based camrys like they did with the Yaris..

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/07/toyota-yaris-grmn/

hamhammerson
You can also stand under it when it rains.

261 - 280 of 293 Posts