Toyota Nation Forum banner

281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
TN の がしょう
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Updated the first page with the addition of an Electrical Throttle Response Controller.

·
TN の がしょう
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #282

·
Banned
716 Posts
Updated the suspensions page.

Included TEINS newest offering of coilovers for the 2015-2017.

Street Advance Z is the newest coilovers that not only is it one of the cheapest offered, it's also of high quality you can get since it's TEIN.

http://www.tein.com/srch/us_search.php?maker=TOYOTA&carmodel=&modelyear=&item=STREETADVANCEZ
i see no top plates come with those. i would like to see some reviews, i want to put lowering springs on but i dont want the clunking associated with them
575 here....https://www.redline360.com/tein-coilovers-street-advance-z-camry-GSTE2-9USS2

·
TN の がしょう
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #284

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m running that tein setup with no issues. Handling was greatly improved and no clunking whatsoever. I’m dropped conservatively with about 1.5 finger gap all around. OEM tophats are reused.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Larger Front Sway bar

I've done an internet search and a search of this thread and have not been able to find a company/part number for a larger front sway bar for my 2012 Camry XLE. Just found references to larger bars but no part number info. Can anyone help me out?

Also, is the SE front sway bar larger than the one in the v-6 XLE? If so, just how much?

·
TN の がしょう
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
I believe they are no longer available by manufacturers that did offer them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe they are no longer available by manufacturers that did offer them.
Thanks for the answer, once again, a day late and a dollar short! I had checked Ultra racing and Progress and they only offer the rear sway bar kit.

Andy's Auto Parts listed a front bar from Progress and it turned out to be the Progress rear bar kit. And they were a bit snotty about sending the bar back for credit. Usual junk about all packing materials be intact or they will ship back at my expense just because of their catalog mistake. How do you open a package without damaging some of the original packaging?

Don't buy anything from Andy's Auto Parts, between no communication about late delivery and the hassle about returns, they ain't worth the hassle dealing with them. And they shipped only after I filed a PayPal complaint for non-delivery.

The ebay Ultra Racing dealers in Malaysia deliver in 3-4 days, go figure.

The online Toyota parts dealers seem to list the same front sway bar part number for both the SE and XLE, so that's out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
my coil overs came with different end links.

·
TN の がしょう
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
my coil overs came with different end links.
It would help what manufacturer and model # you ordered. Also what engine your car has and if it's a hybrid or not.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It would help what manufacturer and model # you ordered. Also what engine your car has and if it's a hybrid or not.

i have the 2012 SE sport limited edition. was special made model with TRD exhaust and BBS 18" wheels.
Megan Racing Street Coilovers for 2012-2014 Toyota Camry SE Model only - MR-CDK-TCA12S - (2014 2013 2012)

Vehicle Fitment 2012-2014 Toyota Camry SE Model only Front Camber Plate Yes Front Top Mount Pillowball Rear Top Mount Megan Rubber Mount Front Spring Rate 6 kg/mm Rear Spring Rate 3 kg/mm Notes Do not fit Camry 2013-14 2.5L SE Sport Limited Edition

·
TN の がしょう
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
i have the 2012 SE sport limited edition. was special made model with TRD exhaust and BBS 18" wheels.
Megan Racing Street Coilovers for 2012-2014 Toyota Camry SE Model only - MR-CDK-TCA12S - (2014 2013 2012)

Vehicle Fitment 2012-2014 Toyota Camry SE Model only Front Camber Plate Yes Front Top Mount Pillowball Rear Top Mount Megan Rubber Mount Front Spring Rate 6 kg/mm Rear Spring Rate 3 kg/mm Notes Do not fit Camry 2013-14 2.5L SE Sport Limited Edition
I might know what happened. Wherever you bought it, probably sent you the non-SE version.

As crappy as it sounds, Megan Racing shows the similar model #MR-CDK-TCA12S for both Non-SE and SE only models. The only difference is the "S" at the end.

MR-CDK-TCA12 (Non SE)
MR-CDK-TCA12S (SE only)

See the website. https://meganracing.com/store.html?find=toyota-camry-2014-4495&sid=XBayiejBSY

My suggestion is that you contact Megan Racing directly and let them know what you were provided with the wrong MR-CDK-TCA12S and that you need one for the SE model.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I might know what happened. Wherever you bought it, probably sent you the non-SE version.

As crappy as it sounds, Megan Racing shows the similar model #MR-CDK-TCA12S for both Non-SE and SE only models. The only difference is the "S" at the end.

MR-CDK-TCA12 (Non SE)
MR-CDK-TCA12S (SE only)

See the website. https://meganracing.com/store.html?find=toyota-camry-2014-4495&sid=XBayiejBSY

My suggestion is that you contact Megan Racing directly and let them know what you were provided with the wrong MR-CDK-TCA12S and that you need one for the SE model.

they gave me the 900$ ones for that with out charging me, so i paid 599$ for the 900$ ones cause of that mistake lol.

281 - 293 of 293 Posts