Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 140 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Haha, I wish I could but she loves her Prius more and she's been talking about getting the Prius V once we have a kid. There's no escaping from the Prius for her.
I drove the new Prius the other day....drives great (well much better than the last one, but that's not saying much). But that fugly styling though.....

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I drove the new Prius the other day....drives great (well much better than the last one, but that's not saying much). But that fugly styling though.....
I'm convincing her to go with the Prius V instead. Looks way better.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm convincing her to go with the Prius V instead. Looks way better.
No doubt! I like the V myself, but would wait until it inherits the TNGA platform. Lightyears better than the existing one!

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
This thread is going off tangent so let's stop here.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Has anyone ever looked into the 2GR-FSE engines? I mean, there are exhaust systems, down pipes and headers out for the IS350 and was wondering if the down pipes are similar to the 2GR-FE?

If it is, it might be plausible to be able to fabricate an existing exhaust system for the IS350 2GR-FSE with the Camry 2GR-FE. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Has anyone ever looked into the 2GR-FSE engines? I mean, there are exhaust systems, down pipes and headers out for the IS350 and was wondering if the down pipes are similar to the 2GR-FE?

If it is, it might be plausible to be able to fabricate an existing exhaust system for the IS350 2GR-FSE with the Camry 2GR-FE. Am I wrong?
The IS350 is rwd or awd meaning the engine is mounted inline not transverse like in the Camry. This makes the exhaust components totally different. You would be better off sticking with the MKC downpipe which is already proven and a direct bolt-on for the Camry and then going custom on the rest of the exhaust.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
The IS350 is rwd or awd meaning the engine is mounted inline not transverse like in the Camry. This makes the exhaust components totally different. You would be better off sticking with the MKC downpipe which is already proven and a direct bolt-on for the Camry and then going custom on the rest of the exhaust.
I thought so. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey Guys - sorry if this question has been answered but I am confused... What are the model #s for the Front Tower Brace for the 4 banger? Seems like the parts mentioned are for the 6..

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
No differences. All strut bars should fit for both engine models.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
OK Fellas..

Been doing some research.. Been bored and seeing whats out there for the 2AR-FE engine..

Now I came across a turbo kit for the Tc with Engine ECU.. Now if it can control that 2AR, then it should control the Camry's as well.

http://www.turbokits.com/Scion/tC/Turbo_Kits/DZM_tC2_Turbo_Kit/1879/

Now, the only thing wrong with this kit is obviously the piping, downpipe, and lack of listing what turbo it is..

Moving on, www.Go-Autoworks.com has a basic manifold, correct turbo, install kit and DP for sale.. Along with selling the T3 flange and T25 flange cast manifolds.
http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/sciontc.html
http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/sctcst3tukit1.html

^^
Now that doesnt show the dumptube or spec for WG size(appears to be a 38mm), but I would have the dump married to the DP.

Now a quick spooling turbo such as the Garrett GT28 or GT2876R is a nice quick spooling turbo since our redline is so low.

For those of you who want to stay NA, OBX makes a header and downpipe for the 2AR camry
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Exhaust-Top-Header-Manifold-For-2011-To-2015-Toyota-Camry-2-5L-2AR-FE-/172214946004?fits=Make:Toyota|Model:Camry

Now this deletes the cat which will throw a emissions code. So welding up your cat would have to be needed.

Now the cat back exhaust posted a few pages back has been taken off ebay.. every seller (about 8 of them) has posted it is no longer available. IDK what thats all about but they sure didnt sell them.

So if you were to buy the header, you now have no cat back option..

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
Im not liking how the offset inlet goes to an offset outlet. Usually mufflers of this type have a 2-3 chamber system inside thus restricting flow. The usual offset in/center out is just angled inside and flow is still present.

This looks to be just a stock type of muffler, def not worth the $$. Id have to see how it looked inside before buying.
EDIT: Also, you do not want fiberglass packing. Find a manufacturer that uses stainless steel wool like Vibrant Performance mufflers

like this

and this:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well I'm trying to go for more of a stock look, also without it being to loud, more of a mellow rumble with at least some better hp gain through better airflow over stock. I plan on getting it from their warehouse which is located in city of industry. Once I get the funds of course =]

·
2016 Camry SE
121 Posts
I think i may have to order this OBX header, I have the 15-up Borla dual exhaust kit on my camry and header will complete my exhaust.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think i may have to order this OBX header, I have the 15-up Borla dual exhaust kit on my camry and header will complete my exhaust.
I say you do it lol! I would like to hear how it sounds. I currently have the dezod red catless header for my camry. I must say, it sounds a lot meaner than the stock header.

121 - 140 of 293 Posts