Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three weeks ago, my infotainment screen started acting odd. Most of the time it boots up and then freezes about two minutes later (but sometimes it freezes while it's in the boot process, leaving me with either a black screen or the toyota logo). The screen itself is not broken, as I can bring up the reverse/multi-camera view (though i cannot click any of the icons on that screen, as if the main screen is frozen, it won't accept touch commands on the camera screen either).

My service advisor says he thinks it's due to an incompatibility between my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 10S) and the car, and asked me to unpair the phone (from both the car interface and from the bluetooth settings in my phone). Yesterday, I was able to do this before the screen froze, so the car is no longer paired to any phone.

Still does the same thing...freezes shortly after startup or refuses to come on at all. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't remember seeing that exact problem, but there have been reports of the system rebooting (maybe freezing?), but mostly related to CarPlay and an issue with bad USB port. Check the link to TSBs below and read through the ones for "electrical system" issues. NOTE: Expand the "+" for each TSB and scroll down to the "associated document" - that's the actual doc from Toyota to the service technicians.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The TSB below refers to "Intermittent screen freezing" and "Intermittent rebooting" on page 2. The fix appears to be a software update for the audio head unit. The Dealer would need to perform the update, but you can check your software version using the instructions starting on page 5. When you get to step 5, make note of your current software version for Audio and Navigation (shown as "XXXX" in the example figure) and compare to the versions listed on page 2. For example, if you have Audio version 1047 or older, then you definitely need an update. (My audio and navigation versions are 1071 and 1015 respectively.)

Most of the time people complain of CarPlay problems, but that just might be because more CarPlay users than AndroidAuto. Don't let the Dealer push you off just because they have less experinece with Android.

·
Registered
2021 VENZA Hybrid Limited
8 Posts
I bought 2021 VENZA few months ago and 12 inch touchscreen behaves exactly what Randomodo described in first thread.
I took the car to dealer and they said it's not software issue but needs to replace a component.
They didn't specify exactly what component needs to replace but wait for the part to arrive and reschedule for an appointment.
It's been like this for almost a month and don't know how long it will take to get this fixed due to the supply issue that is happening around the world.
Very disappointed with quality of Toyota at this point which I didn't expect.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bought 2021 VENZA few months ago and 12 inch touchscreen behaves exactly what Randomodo described in first thread.
I took the car to dealer and they said it's not software issue but needs to replace a component.
They didn't specify exactly what component needs to replace but wait for the part to arrive and reschedule for an appointment.
It's been like this for almost a month and don't know how long it will take to get this fixed due to the supply issue that is happening around the world.
Very disappointed with quality of Toyota at this point which I didn't expect.
Did you have them update per TSB? Mine had issue and TSB corrected it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
First, thank you very much for your reply!
When I try to access the link in TSB for file download, it shows ACCESS DENIED.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Symmetry

I have tried several type of browsers but no go.
If I can't download the software update file, I'm stuck.

I had mentioned about software update to my car dealer and expected them to update it but they said, "it's not software issue and needs to replace part."
Personally, I find it very hard to believe this as the touch screen works for bit on start up and freezes right after.
Some site suggested unplugging the fuse so I found the fuse assembly below the dashboard on driver side but I don't know which one is connected to the infotainment system.
Electronic instrument Gadget Audio equipment Office equipment Electrical wiring

I googled to see if I can find some reference but since this car is so new, not much materials are available.
Maybe one beside RADIO called "ECU-B NO.2"? (Note: There are many ECU-B fuses too and nothing obvious that maps to Navigation/Infotainment system.)
I haven't pulled the fuse(s) yet but thinking of performing this task if I'm brave enough one day.

If someone has proper link for the software download or the mapping of the fuse(s) to the infotainment system, it will be greatly appreciated as I'm limbo until dealer calls me back which I don't expect it will soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ha, I had already tried that link and clicked on the file within this PDF file but it takes me to invalid site with AccessDenied error.

Rectangle Font Line Parallel Number

I was hoping to download the 17TDTENA-DA50_0036.kwi file... :-(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, but no idea why you can't open the file, it's a PDF, and I have no other ideas how to get it to you.
I can open the PDF file which you had attached before!
But within this PDF file, there is a link for VENZA HV where it should allow the downloading of software update.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Symmetry

When I click on this link, this is where the file absent.
I think they purposely removed all of them so that you have to take the car to dealer for an update.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts