Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a difference between the orange topped injector and the gray? I'm swapping a motor from a 96 tacoma into my 97 4runner. The 97 motor has a cracked head and found a 60K motor. After swapping all the peripherals (oil cooler, pulley, water pump, timing belt, alternator, power steering, A/C pulley, oil pan, and oil pick up). I'm down to the injectors. This whole thing has been baffling because the 96 has a different pulley than the 97. The pulley on the alternator and the the main pulley have a 5 track belt on the inside. The 97 pulley has 3 tracks, so I swapped pulleys to update everything. I couldn't even find belts for the 96 setup. Toyota dealer couldn't cross reference the Toyota belt either off the 96 motor. This is weird!

Anyway, the 96 (good motor) has orange injector heads, but my 97 motor (bad one) has gray. Can I keep the orange without a problem? I'm putting the motor back in tomorrow, so any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,630 Posts
It's quite possible the color codes has a meaning.
Could be a capacity thing, resistance, or something else.
Depending on what, it may need the original EFI ECM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.