Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to turbocharger my 92 4 runner.
i have a turbo off a daytona,and i am going to build the manifold myself.
my question is will i need large injectors of can i get away with tweaking the air flow meter.
i will be running about 5-6 psi
thanks

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Yes you will need injectors no matter what you have to keep from leaning out way too much.
You need to spend some time with people that know what to do. I suggest going to http://www.yotatech.com/ no matter what, and if you really want to do a turbo there have been severial tubro projects on both 3vz-e AND R22's on http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/

*edit* whoops didn't read and see you had an R22 ;)
Addition

The stock injectors will support 160hp, which is what a stock R22 will push out with a perfect turbo setup @ 6psi. The problem is that is if the injectors are working perfectly AND they're being overworked because they're at 100% duration.

I would swap to atleast 300CC injectors.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
why not just get the TRD supercharger for ur 4runner??....makes more sense to me rather that trying to make a custom turbo kit for it.....

·
Trailer Trash Engineer
592 Posts
You could hunt down a 22RET and save yourself some headache. That way you have a turbo computer, a turbo manifold, a block plumbed for the extra oil duty, and so on. I have seen them around for not too much money especially if it needs a rebuild. Cheaper than a trd kit that's for sure. I don't know if the RET has bigger injectors or not.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
TRD supercharger isn't made for R22... Only the 3.4L in the 4Runner.

Besides that's only a so-so option to begin with. It's overpriced because it hasn't been made in a while. It has a huge lean out problem @ WOT that takes engine management, injectors, FPR and fuel pump to sort out.

But that's of no use here, he has an R22 LoL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts