Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some upgraded injectors....
I have a 1995 Camry 5SFE (w/factory JDM 5 speed), custom headders from 1997 Camry mated to a custom collector to a Turbonetics turbo, custom downpipe 2.5" all the way back, w/ 2.5" Random Technology cat., and Blitz blow-off valve.

I need help if anybody knows if I can use some bigger injectors from maybe another wrecked car (other makes) that might work for my application.

I don't know what impedance the factory 5sfe uses and if they are peak and hold type or whatever other type there is.

Please help!!!
:confused:

·
Turbo-Yota power
1,773 Posts
You can probably use some 450cc injectors with a resistor pack and a s-afc to lean them out.Im not sure the 5sfe is top feed or not but if it is im sure you can find some injectors that would fit.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
You turboed a 5SFE with stock injectors???? Running that lean is a recipe for disaster. Also, what are you using for air-fuel and timing management??

In any case, you need top fed injectors for your application. According to Aaron at the MR2 forum:

"For the fuel system the MKlV Supra NA 315cc(360 at our fuel pressure) Are a direct drop in for our stock injectors with no need to re-wire/splice or fabricate ANYTHING..Unbolt the fuel rail take out the stock,drop in the supra,bolt in up and drive it."

"Injectors(MKlV Supra NA) PART # 23250-70080"

On another note, what's a JDM 5spd, and how is it different from the US-spec one??

·
Registered
60 Posts
As was said above you can use the 2jz injectors. I've seen them for as low as $100 for 6(used of course) at a junkyard. Many guys have had great success with them on the Supercharged 1MZ-FE

Brand new injectors for the 2jz will run you about $135 a piece. Cheapest i've found for other companies injectors is $100 a piece x 4 (for a i4 and x6 for a v6:) = $$$

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The compression of the 5SFE was lowered using a custom copper head gasket (forgot the thickness) from Toysport in Southern California. They said that that spec lowers the compression by one. I also have a Haltech F5 with a piggy back injector to be plummed into the intake pipe although it's not installed yet.
Thanks for the input and all the help.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
turbocamry said:
The compression of the 5SFE was lowered using a custom copper head gasket (forgot the thickness) from Toysport in Southern California. They said that that spec lowers the compression by one. I also have a Haltech F5 with a piggy back injector to be plummed into the intake pipe although it's not installed yet.
Thanks for the input and all the help.
We want details of that turbo, and pics!! :D

·
I do NOT exist ...
167 Posts
sorry to bring this back from the dead, but just wanted to ask a question and i didn't want to start a brand new thread just for that ...

what size are the stock injectors for the 3SFE and 5SFE Camrys?

thanks ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.