Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
camry
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, injen finally finished making the cold air intake for my brothers corolla.
it should be released soon
here are the pics

enjoy

i will post the dyno numbers asap once injen emails them to me

the gains was only 7hp and 6 lbs of torque well better than nothing

·
Registered
34 Posts
7 hp and 6 ft-lbs? Not bad for a 1.8l. Thanks for the pics
big difference from a XRS heh, the XRS get up to 12hp and 9lb torque with the Injen CAI.

Mine is waiting for arrival :D

However, good power up for the non-xrs

·
USMCx09Rolla
2009 Corolla S
29 Posts
oh wow...injen came out with a CAI already :ugh3: i recently just ordered the weapon-r SRI b/c of good reviews and plus i'm quite impatient :disappoin keep updating thread for results and maybe it won't be too late to return the weapon-r :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
how did you come up with the 12hp and 9lb torque? do you have the dyno results yet?
Nop, mine still waiting for arrival, but on the other thread about the Injen CAI for XRS, the specifications are like that, also, I've said "up to", that doesn't means that all XRS's will get that. There is a graph gains test on the Injen CAI XRS picture.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
It's generally a bad idea to refer to manufacturers claims as a reference for potential power gains.

Do your own dyno and post back with results.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's generally a bad idea to refer to manufacturers claims as a reference for potential power gains.

I will :cool:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts

i was about to say the same thing.

·
Registered
camry
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah this intake is the prototype. He got it because injen used his car for r&d for 2 weeks and 2 tanks of gas. I am not sure about the cost, but I will try to get the dyno asap. Paul from injen hasnt emailed them to me yet.

·
Megan Exhaust
507 Posts
Nice! for all those who are waiting for the injen cai its gonna be here soon :) Thanks v6secamry for your 2 week sacrifice.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla XRS!
987 Posts
I'm glad that Injen is producing another CAI for the non-XRS 'rolla. While it may be costly, I'd still get it because of their engineering. The intake itself is tuned, whereas other no-name products aren't.

I'm loving my Injen CAI ;)

·
Registered
camry
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice! for all those who are waiting for the injen cai its gonna be here soon :) Thanks v6secamry for your 2 week sacrifice.
you're welcome. it wasnt very fun taking him to school and home everyday haha, but hey its was worth it

I was gonna order the weapon r intake this week...but with the news about injen, I think I am gonna wait for it. But any idea how long does it take for them to actually put it in the market?

as for the cost and release date i don't know. again, i am still waiting for more info from injen. bottom line is injen will mass produce this CAI for you guys. just be patience, as soon as i get more info i will post

·
Registered
camry
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey guys, if you go to injen.com you will see the release date for this intake, which is May 15th. as far as the price of the intake, i will get back to you guys once injen tells me

1 - 20 of 29 Posts