Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tacos rule
2005 Tacoma
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doesn anyone out there have an Injen Intake...If so, is it worth spending the little bit extra for it?

·
Premium Member
08' Tacoma Dbl Cab
5,604 Posts
Our trucks come from the factory with a cold air intake, they draw from the passanger side wheel well. You will see little to no benefit from a CAI, I had a TRD intake on my truck and the only benefit I got out of it was a nice sound when I stomped on the gas. Put my stock intake back on and actually got better gas mileage. Ended up selling the TRD.

If I had it to do again I would have never changed from stock. But if you have the money to waste...more power to ya.

·
Premium Member
08' Tacoma Dbl Cab
5,604 Posts
If you are gonna get one go URD...if you don't have the money go K & N like I did. I am happy with mine!
You are better off not get one if you go with a K&N...the air the K&N draws is from inside the engine bay and warmer than where the stock intake draws from...thus accomplishing the exact opposite of what you are trying to do with a CAI.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
You are better off not get one if you go with a K&N...the air the K&N draws is from inside the engine bay and warmer than where the stock intake draws from...thus accomplishing the exact opposite of what you are trying to do with a CAI.

It is enclosed with side pieces and a rubber piece that the hood rest on. Not trying to get into a debate but the top end is much better and I can care less about MPG. If I had the money I would get the URD for pure power and sound.

·
Premium Member
08' Tacoma Dbl Cab
5,604 Posts
Not trying to get into a debate but the top end is much better and I can care less about MPG.
Then don't, it has been proven by several members on here that the K&N draws 7-10 degree warmer air (heat sheild or not) than the stock intake does...thus doing exactly as I stated in my previous post...

But, you are correct in that URD is the way to go if you want performance, but then you have to recalibrate with the MAF Calibrator to get the full potential out of the intake...which is expensive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts