Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Japan-built 3MZ-FE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've got a 2005 Camry SE V6 that I've been putting some mild mods into (tires, Eibach Pro-Kits, KYBs, Megan FSB, TRD rear sway bar, etc.). It's a daily driver and will never see a track (it's my beater / commuter / kid taxi), Since I've almost got the handling dialed in where I want it, I've been thinking about doing the intake and exhaust. Anyone have this Injen SRI installed? How are the noise levels? (The stock setup is too muffled for me, but I'm looking for a mellow sound, nothing obnoxious). Anything noticeable in the power department? (Guessing not, but the car is quick enough for what it is already). Any trouble with CELs / emissions tests? Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
Japan-built 3MZ-FE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There won't be any real power gains but it should sound great.
Right, that's what I was hoping for. Any experience with this SRI on this motor and the sound levels for a daily driver?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,957 Posts
No experience with the SRI, not as many threads about it either I believe but I don't think I searched that hard for it. I just went with K&N as that design looked more effective in the engine but I am also on my I4 not a V6. Unfortunately it seems that K&N does not have one for yours.

·
Registered
Japan-built 3MZ-FE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No experience with the SRI, not as many threads about it either I believe but I don't think I searched that hard for it. I just went with K&N as that design looked more effective in the engine but I am also on my I4 not a V6. Unfortunately it seems that K&N does not have one for yours.
Looks that way. I wanted a K&N as I've had good luck with them on past cars (and have their filter in the Camry now), but it seems like for the 3MZ-FE your choices are this or stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts