Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The arm rest part of my driver door panel is caving in...

This is a nice straight low mileage ride and I would like to fix this, has anyone had this problem and what did you do for a repair?

Here is a pic:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
best fix would be to try and find another one to replace it with.

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
I hadthis problem in my MR2. No pics of the repair, but I was able to pull it off, shove something in place that maintained the correct shape, and doused it with a very strong epoxy. It was a few years ago and I don't recall what product I used. I've been careful not to put too much weight on it since then and it has held up well.

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
Me three.
Had the same problem with my GT-S, swapped out door panel to older model, which seems to be stronger with better braceing.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might take a look around for another panel, but not sure if I will find one in a decent condition... though expect to have the same problem since the foam inside is breaking down with age. Considering repairing and beefing up this panel with a higher quality foam.

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
20 years of elbow weight will do that! I agree that you should be able to remove it and build it up from behind to be at least 90% better. Other than that sunken spot the panel still looks pretty darn good.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20 years of elbow weight will do that! I agree that you should be able to remove it and build it up from behind to be at least 90% better. Other than that sunken spot the panel still looks pretty darn good.
Actually the whole car looks darn good... bought it a couple years ago from my bro-in-law with 60k miles on it. Got about 73k miles on it now. Looks like new inside except for the darn left elbow rest thang. Just want to keep it as nice as I can...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts