Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Sold out for a Max
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this camry for about 3 weeks. I have been having so much trouble getting it to pass Marylands horrible inspection.(not emissions. safety inspection). First off I made sure that the person that I handed my keys to wasn't a jackass and he wasn't. I left and came back 3 hours later. The guy that did my inspection was totally different and he was a dick. This is the second inspection I failed and I am pissed. Let me finally tell you what he said.

First he said. "Well I drove the car around the corner and I saw a switch on the side, so I hit it". When I hit it, some blue leds came on on the dashboard.(my scanner for my alarm). He actually put a fail mark on the inspection for that. I have a switch for my fogs. The fogs were off. He had the nerve to hit the fog light switch and told me that my fogs had to be amber or white. They are not the blueish (ricer blue) fogs. They are just natural white. He failed me for them too.

But this is the big pisser offer. He failed me because my center piece was painted on the taillights. I have a Gen3. I told him "you don't know what the hell you're doing because if you buy a dx model you don't even get the lights in the middle. The law states that as long as you have two tail lights on each side that function as running and brake lights, and have working blinkers and reverse lights your are okay". He had nothing to say. On top of that I had red/clear tails on and clear bumper lights. I had the stock ones in the back seat and told the guy before the inspection that I could put them back on before he started. He was anxious to get started so he told me not to worry about it. Of course that was on the list of things to replace. I needed a tire and an alignment but he never mentioned them once. Only the lights. What an asshole. I know that of those things could have been avoided but the guy was a complete ass.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Hell, thats nothing..
my car didnt pass inspection, cuz my front lights dont have the ECE certification....:rolleyes:

·
Sold out for a Max
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I already spent $375 on two new half-shafts. I got three new tires. He put a line through the "air filter(or whatever) part". The thing that pisses me off is the fact that the stuff that he mentioned had nothing to do with safe operation of a motor vehicle. He was just a dick. I also needed new wiper blades and a battery hold-down. He also had the nerve to say that I MAY have a leak in my sterring pump because it was kind of wet around it. He said. "you can check". How dare him. I pay $60 for him to guess and not be sure? :wtf:

TheMajesticking, I'd be furious... so furious I'm sure it'd get me into trouble . This isnt the same place that failed you last time is it?
No this was a different place. I would have been better off going back to the damn first place. This new place also told me that I need a strut which is bullshit.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
there mu$t be other way$ to help you pa$$....;)

or u could bring that bb gun of yours....:p: jk bro....

damn..u guys have it tough...every saftey certification i've ever needed was just a phone call away.....

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Damn, your states SUCK!

In Nevada, they don't care. No inspection or crap like that.

You guys need to find a 'tuner freindly' shop that plays by the rules and actually knows the law!!!

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,858 Posts
dam man sux 4 you.... i hope your bad luck ends soon... maybe you can ask your friends where do they go to have there car inspection.... and hopefully you wont have to bride them .... and lemme ask, they still get the money even tho if they fail you? if so , thats pretty much bulllshhit
:thumbdown

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,858 Posts
dam man, even tho i am not you, and if it happens to me, i know how u feel.... argh
its kinda sad that these little minor things on your car become a big deal to the person who is testing u... :(
seems to me your car is in pefect or near perfect working order, its just the exterior looks/mods on your car that throws them off guard... :thumbdown

·
The Regenerator
2018 Prius Two-Eco
599 Posts
jamesmetairie said:
move to new orleans and put $10. on the front seat.
Move to sunny Florida, keep your $10 and don't worry about inspection at all -- Nonexistent!!! You should see some of the Redneck Riviera beaters we have down here. I'm pretty fearless, and getting too close to some of them scares even me.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
603 Posts
Dude, don't bother moving anywhere. Just keep it nice and simple.
Before the next time you hand the keys over, disconnect those switches.
Problem Solved.
:boink:

·
Sold out for a Max
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just talking to my friend last night about disconnecting the switches. The bad part is that he said I need struts even though I don't and I can't pass without getting ALL of the things fixed that he mentioned which is all bullsh*t

·
Registered
764 Posts
wedge said:

Before the next time you hand the keys over, disconnect those switches.
Problem Solved.
:boink:
haha yeah, put a switch on the switches

·
Heja Sverige
191 Posts
Gotta love California, no safety inspection. :D
Although we do have extermely strict emissions laws, my car passed no problem. It's really not as bad as people say it is. :p

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
y'know, i just found this thread...and it sounds like the woes my friend was having when he came back from Iraq and moved home(he was stationed in north carolina). it took him 4 tries before he finally got passed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts