Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my ebay intake that come with nice K&N air filter on it but wondering and really worry to put it on.i really scare about the CEL will come out after install it plus i've search all info. the one i got is come with 2 nipple for the hosses to connect but on stock they have 3 hosses connected.2 big and 1 small. wondering where must the small hoses go!! what should i do ?? should i just try and let see if the CEL come out or never bother and i know i must disconnect the negative battery for reset the ecu.please help guys:confused:

·
Dude Wheres My Car?
01 Camry
163 Posts
I put mine in yesterday and it to was an ebay one.( i think like 30 bucks)
One nipple goes to you breather on the valve cover. The other nipple goes to that Evaporative gas thing(It is hooked up to the air box, has one hose and wire hooked up to it) i used a small piece of hose to hook it up to the nipple., ^Then the final large nipple is for you iat. The iat to small to fit so i siliconed it in. my light never came on and the car runs great. The intakes just loud as hell and the car runs awsome with it. I push my baby.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i think am going to install it soon.can't wait to listen that love song from under the hood!!:naughty:

·
'99 5 Speed 1mz
183 Posts
I made my own intake, cut a hole for the oil cooler in the pipe but i left the other 2 hoses just sitting there in the bay doing whatever. my check engine light never came on...but i have a question. i bought a cone filter with no opening on the end(like, the air gets sucked in on just the sides, and not the front) i was wondering if having that other end open to suck in air also is better.(friends maxima has the other end open and it seems like it ehlps more, maybe its just me) any answers are greatly appreciated.

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,564 Posts
on the Gen4 Weapon R intake i bought......had 3 nipples. Two small hoses and one big. big for the pcv. get a breather to make up for only 2 nipples? or a T?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know that!! SRI don't do shit. probably just snapier on throttle i just love want to hear that sound air suckin in.still though what i supposed to do with the small hosses from the stock intake?:confused: really don't want to see cel flash on me.

·
'99 5 Speed 1mz
183 Posts
yeah man seriously. my oil cooler is the only thing thats getting filtered air right now, the other 2 have been just sitting there for 3k miles and no CEL...i didnt even think twice about it. dont be a little girl, take chances...i have no idea what those other 2 lines do or go to, all i know is they arent vacuum lines, and they used atmospheric pressure to suck in air from the factory box, oh well get over it.

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
if the cel comes on, just disconnect the battery for a few secs. that'll reset it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oke oke oke guys!!! damn i am such a pussyeee!!hehehe
i will put it on soon and will make clips that combo with my magnaflow that i just put in.how that sound guys!!!:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
just wondering if there is thread/pic about installation for the intake for gen 4 with V6?
i already search but come with 4 cylender.thanks.i think i can do this by myself!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
it should be similar to the i4

basically, u connect the intake... then u connect the tubes (whatever tubes came off ur stock goes on ur new one)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool!! thanks wish me luck and the mod's is begun my freind!!i hope the Cel don't like me:lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
finally i install the intake today with help from my buddy and really love the result.the installation is not really complecated just take the stock out and put the new one in.
for performances wise i really don't know but the hizzzzzzzzz sound from the K&N filter is priceless!!! the throttle more snapier put D on freeway and gunned it i fell the car have more pull before hit the rev limiter.combine with the Magnaflow sound more louder and deeper.i put on L and turn off the traction control and gunned it fell like the tires chirps little bit longer now.think help for the TQ little bit.
i let my buddy to drive the car do the fly by and i can heard it the engine scream and he was about 100 yard from me.love it definately head turner for sure:D

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
so was it really necessary to make a thread on how scared you were to do something so simple?

im kidding. :)

glad it all worked out for you, i have yet to hear my intake outside of my car, lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts