Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got tired of the stock stance and had a Hydraulics system installed on the Xrs. What do ya guys think?

Ah just keeeeeeding! Painted my Calipers red today at my buddy's place with his help. We used DupliColor Caliper, Paint brush application.

Places to jack up on:

Jack Stands:

Used a Impact Wrench

As well as the Lugnut Wrench

Driver Front:

Driver Rear:

Passenger Front:

Passenger Rear:

·
350whp grocery getter
2010 Corolla S
488 Posts
LOL I don't mind hydraulics or air setups, but def not on a Corolla. Glad this was only a joke LOL

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Should have gone with airbag suspension instead....:disappoin.......:lol:

The calipers look great man. I used the same DupliColor bush-on application kit on my Dad's calipers. Makes the job so much easier since there's no risk of over-spray etc. The brush that it comes with is hopeless though as the hairs kept coming out and sticking in the paint, so we ended up using our own. Nice job :thumbsup:

·
Registered
629 Posts
nice...i wouldve done the same thing if i have 4 wheel disc breaks

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL I don't mind hydraulics or air setups, but def not on a Corolla. Glad this was only a joke LOL
x2 and it looks nice!:thumbsup:nom nom rear disc brakes lol
Lol :clap:

Dang it.

I got my hopes up for nutin. :disappoin
Haha its all good. :lol:

Should have gone with airbag suspension instead....:disappoin.......:lol:

The calipers look great man. I used the same DupliColor bush-on application kit on my Dad's calipers. Makes the job so much easier since there's no risk of over-spray etc. The brush that it comes with is hopeless though as the hairs kept coming out and sticking in the paint, so we ended up using our own. Nice job :thumbsup:
Indeed, the brush they give hardens or something :eek:

We ended up using cheap brushes for like water coloring, and they actually did good.

nice...i wouldve done the same thing if i have 4 wheel disc breaks
Indeed! Thats why I went with black on my "S"

I went with Red this time because I have all calipers! :thumbsup:

the first pic. made me think you changed your car color to silver lol.

I like it! very nice touch with a white xrs
Lol, I used alot of contrast on the first pic to shadow out the jack! :D

damn...i was expecting some fine hinas also...
Lmao :cool:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are those pictures HDR by any chance?
I googled HDR, there were a few, but I'm guessing "High Dynamic Range"?

Well I'm not sure what it is. But I don't have a fancy camera. Its a Coolpix, 8mp I believe. And I just edit them on the computer and paint. :thumbsup:

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
I googled HDR, there were a few, but I'm guessing "High Dynamic Range"?

Well I'm not sure what it is. But I don't have a fancy camera. Its a Coolpix, 8mp I believe. And I just edit them on the computer and paint. :thumbsup:
Yep, High Dynamic Range :thumbsup:. Oh ok cool, they look very much like HDRs due to the lighting. Must be due to the post processing in MS paint :)

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, High Dynamic Range :thumbsup:. Oh ok cool, they look very much like HDRs due to the lighting. Must be due to the post processing in MS paint :)
Is HDR like equivalent to HDTV? Lol. :lol:

But for pictures.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Is HDR like equivalent to HDTV? Lol. :lol:

But for pictures.
Not really :lol:. HDR involves taking one or more photos in RAW format as opposed to JPEG. Typically only expensive DSLR cameras have the ability to shoot in RAW. You basically take one photo at normal exposure, one underexposed (dark) and one overexposed (bright). All photos are of the exact same scene at the exact same time, so a tripod is essential. Then you put them all together in a program such as PhotoMatix Pro and you'll have a perfect exposed image with no parts that look too dark or too bright.

You can view some of my HDR photos in this thread (almost all of my CarDomain photos are HDR too) -

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341066

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
Not really :lol:. HDR involves taking one or more photos in RAW format as opposed to JPEG. Typically only expensive DSLR cameras have the ability to shoot in RAW. You basically take one photo at normal exposure, one underexposed (dark) and one overexposed (bright). All photos are of the exact same scene at the exact same time, so a tripod is essential. Then you put them all together in a program such as PhotoMatix Pro and you'll have a perfect exposed image with no parts that look too dark or too bright.

You can view some of my HDR photos in this thread (almost all of my CarDomain photos are HDR too) -

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341066
I've heard of that and I think my photographer friend did it or something like it and then showed me the finished product. he did something where one set of 3 pics was with the hood open and then 3 closed and then he mushed them together and made it seem like it was like an x-ray looking at the engine

oh yeah and AWESOME PICS! :thumbsup:

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
I've heard of that and I think my photographer friend did it or something like it and then showed me the finished product. he did something where one set of 3 pics was with the hood open and then 3 closed and then he mushed them together and made it seem like it was like an x-ray looking at the engine

oh yeah and AWESOME PICS! :thumbsup:
Ohh yep, I know what you're talking about. It's a lot different to HDR, but equally as awesome :cool:. I've always wanted to do that with my Corolla, but ideally you need to be in a warehouse with controlled lighting. You could do it outside but if a cloud comes over in the middle of the three shots and changes the exposure then it could ruin the whole thing :lol:. Thanks for the compliment by the way. Feel free to upload any pics that you've taken into that thread :thumbsup:

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
Ohh yep, I know what you're talking about. It's a lot different to HDR, but equally as awesome :cool:. I've always wanted to do that with my Corolla, but ideally you need to be in a warehouse with controlled lighting. You could do it outside but if a cloud comes over in the middle of the three shots and changes the exposure then it could ruin the whole thing :lol:. Thanks for the compliment by the way. Feel free to upload any pics that you've taken into that thread :thumbsup:
I see...Im taking up photography. I've used my friends camera but Im finally getting my own! Its a basic Canon XS and IDK about the lenses(sister and bro in laws "old' camera) Ok when I can I will upload some:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts