Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the whole drift scene and what not, I recently purchased a 85 gts and put an intake on, the adapter and filter.
Now the car hesitates and stutters real bad and i can't figure out why i have checked all vaccuum lines and electrical connections, I did a search and did not really find anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
have you checkd for an air leak in your gaskets? i.e manifold to head gasket, throttle body to manifold etc ?
an easy way to check these is using a stethiscope like what doctors use but with out the round thing on the end & move the tube around the gasket areas, this basicaly is like consintrating all your listening to the area you want to hear, if it has a leak, you'll hear it:thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can try that but why would it start doing that after i put an intake on and not before i have checked everything involving the intake and everything there is fine. I will try that and see if there may be a leak

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Make sure you install the AFM/MAF sensor correctly and there is no hole left unplug on the intake pipe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts